cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-10 Through Houston

jamjrks
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling in a couple weeks from east to west on I-10 through Texas. What's the best route through or around Houston? 610 north loop, 610 south loop, I-10 through the heart of Houston, or the Sam Houston Parkway/Tollway? Should be getting to Houston on a weekday around 9 A.M. Thanks.
2008 Silverado 3500HD Crewcab, Big Dooley, Duramax
2016 Montana High Country 370BR
20 REPLIES 20

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Straight through. We just did it 2 weeks ago at mid morning and had no issues. Busy, but DW was driving and no one was in a panic.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Travelled Sam Houston tollway last March and charged by the axle. Think around $5.75 for 4 axles then drove 5 miles and charged again. Toll booth access was very narrow and tight for our 100" wide 5ver. Traffic was miserable in Houston area.

Chevytrkr
Explorer
Explorer
If at all possible, try going through on a Sunday morning. There' hardly any traffic on Sunday mornings.
Rich & Anne
SW Louisiana

2014 Fleetwood Storm 28F
2013 Fiat 500 Pop

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
I'd go straight through. No matter what, you'll hit traffic, and sometimes the loops are worse.

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
The best is straight through. IMHO its easier at rush hour as the cars are moving slower so its easier to change lanes if you need to. Just roll down your winder, put on your blinker, give a nice big friendly wave asking to be let in. Most times it works beautifully.

COmpared to the east coast for the first 20 years of my driving, these folks are MUCH friendlier. I tow a trailer of some sort pert near every day and have no problems.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

bobcouch
Explorer
Explorer
At that time of day, your best bet is straight through on I-10.
Bob and Honey Couch
2008 Keystone Everest
2007 Dodge MegaCab w/ 5.9 Cummins
http://boggythicket.blogspot.com/