cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Int. 5 thru Los Angeles ???

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
Considering taking our grandaughter to Disneyland, what is the condition of 5 from Castiac to Anahiem? We have a 36' 5er, of course we will avoid the buisy traffic times. Thanks
Art
8 REPLIES 8

jrp
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
Escargot wrote:
skipsor wrote:
Take the 210 to the 57 south. It will take you into Anaheim and there is an RV park very close to Disneyland. You don't even have to get on the 5.

X2

X3

X4 , rush hours on the 5 are all day long; the only S Cal road worse than the 5 is the 405. when I had the misfortune of living out there, the 210 was always my preferred alt.
Jim

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Escargot wrote:
skipsor wrote:
Take the 210 to the 57 south. It will take you into Anaheim and there is an RV park very close to Disneyland. You don't even have to get on the 5.

X2

X3

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
skipsor wrote:

X2
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
skipsor wrote:
Take the 210 to the 57 south. It will take you into Anaheim and there is an RV park very close to Disneyland. You don't even have to get on the 5. You can also see the fireworks from the RV park. Very nice place.

The bad part is that I can't remember the name at the moment but a Google search for RV parks near Disneyland will get you there.

Oops. The park we stayed at is out of business but there are several other parks in the vicinity.

We stayed at Anahiem RV Resort last time, they have a free shuttle to Disneyland. Thanks
Art

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Avoid busy would be 6a on Sunday morning. Otherwise rush hour starts 8a Sunday and goes through Saturday night.

210 to 57 can also be very crowded (not as much) and a few more miles.
Roads are fine for 55 mph travel if you ever see that speed.

Traffic reports on AM 980 or 1070.

skipsor
Explorer
Explorer
Take the 210 to the 57 south. It will take you into Anaheim and there is an RV park very close to Disneyland. You don't even have to get on the 5. You can also see the fireworks from the RV park. Very nice place.

The bad part is that I can't remember the name at the moment but a Google search for RV parks near Disneyland will get you there.

Oops. The park we stayed at is out of business but there are several other parks in the vicinity.

svcheerio
Explorer
Explorer
GaryGus is absolutely correct! Parts of the 5 are really bad. We live here in Southern California and try to avoid it in our motorhome whenever we can. Take the 210 route....you won't be sorry.
๐Ÿ™‚He,Me and the Dog
1997 Winnebago Brave
2005 Jeep Wrangler
2 Happy Campers
1 Happy Dog

GaryGus
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest taking the 210 east out to the 605 and then the 605 south back to the 5. Easier driving, much easier merges/exits and when you get back to the 5, it's a better freeway. A few miles longer, but worth it.
Gary
2019 Ram Crew Cab 6.4, 4.10s, 4WD
2005 Hitchhiker II 29.5 LKTG
"Greetings from the sunny San Joaquin Valley"