cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake city cut off road to Co. 50

terry_thiessen
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know the condition of the Lake city cut off road between Co 149 and Co. 50? Will be pulling a 21 foot camper. We usually take,Co 149 to,Co 50 but would like to try a different route . Thanks .
7 REPLIES 7

PRodacy
Explorer
Explorer
It's gravel, but usually an easy tow with pretty much any trailer or 5er.
2012 GMC 3500 dually 4x4
2006 OKanagan 90W
2003 Jeep Rubicon, modified for off road performance

rhochnadel
Explorer
Explorer
It is not a bad road, like they say it is gravel. Take your time, it is a very scenic drive. Enjoy it!
'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance":)

terry_thiessen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. Will stay away from the cutoff .i figured anyone who had driven the road would know which road I was asking about. They are the ones I wanted information from.

jrp
Explorer
Explorer
since its a gravel/dirt road, its condition depends on the weather. the county doesn't plow it, so after the snow melts and it dries out, its passable all summer by cars and small trucks. it doesn't save you any miles & takes more time since you can only go about 30, so most people stay on 149. I drove my Jeep on it a few years ago when I was scouting fishing spots. I wouldn't pull a trailer on it, but some might.

terry thiessen wrote:
Does anyone know the condition of the Lake city cut off road between Co 149 and Co. 50? Will be pulling a 21 foot camper. We usually take,Co 149 to,Co 50 but would like to try a different route . Thanks .
Jim

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
For you that are less traveled, the OP is referring to Lake City, CO.
CO 149 is the route from Lake City to US 50.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I just got to thinking that you might not be talking about Highway 50 from Carson City to Lake Tahoe.

What state are you talking about?

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
What state?
Mark