Longer closure gathering momentum...

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
73 REPLIES 73

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
What about Canadian Full Timers? Similar problems to snowbirds?
Canada's winters aren't usually hospitable to many of our rigs.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the Okanogan Valley and Vancouver Island will be busy this winter. Buddy who has been a snowbird for the last 22 years has ordered a cover for his 5th wheel, he says his rig doesnโ€™t like the cold.
I live with in 40 minutes of the Washington State boarder, lots of people up here have summer cabins south of the 49th that they would love to get to, but not one of them that I have talked to wants the boarder open until it is safe to travel, in either direction.
We lost out on a cruise to the South Pacific last March ( 6 days before sailing all cruises Shut down) we lost thousands of dollars, that we are still trying to get that back, however we are safe at home and money isnโ€™t everything,
Today are camping out in the bush about 10 kms up a Forrest service road, the rain has stopped, now its time to go out for ride on our side x side.

Be kind, be calm, be safe ( Dr. Bonnie Henry)
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
garyhaupt wrote:
August 31st....

garyhaupt wrote:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7132809/coronavirus-quarantine-canada-travellers/

Gary

Thank you Gary.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Monaramblee wrote:
I hope the border stays closed as long as it takes to minimize spread. I dont know how long that should be, thats why i trust the professionals. Canada currently has good control of this virus.
Its important to remember that corona is the enemy. We are all in this together.

Agree, and since it's not going away any time soon, time to start planning options for the winter get away?
Or, not?
The linked article suggests that the "essential" travelers aren't subject to the Quarantine Act, which seems a bit risky. Kinda like no screening at the airports early on.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
August 31st....

garyhaupt wrote:
https://globalnews.ca/news/7132809/coronavirus-quarantine-canada-travellers/

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
I hope the border stays closed as long as it takes to minimize spread. I dont know how long that should be, thats why i trust the professionals. Canada currently has good control of this virus.
Its important to remember that corona is the enemy. We are all in this together.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
You're more likely to die from it here than there. 2 to 1. Per capita, of course.
Just open the **** border.

I donโ€™t know where youโ€™re getting your numbers from, but once again youโ€™re wildly wrong there neighbour.

The US has had about 130k deaths from COVID-19 out of a population of 328.8 million people, so thatโ€™s 0.00039598 %

Canada has had 8,642 deaths from COVID-19 out of a population of 37.59 million people, so thatโ€™s 0.0002299 %.

That means the death rate, per capita, is 58 % higher in the US than it is in Canada, not 200 % higher in Canada as you stated.

That puts your numbers in error by about a factor of 400 %.

Read response to Orion.
I apologize for pulling your legs.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
MDKMDK wrote:
You're more likely to die from it here than there. 2 to 1. Per capita, of course.
Just open the **** border.

I donโ€™t know where youโ€™re getting your numbers from, but once again youโ€™re wildly wrong there neighbour.

The US has had about 130k deaths from COVID-19 out of a population of 328.8 million people, so thatโ€™s 0.00039598 %

Canada has had 8,642 deaths from COVID-19 out of a population of 37.59 million people, so thatโ€™s 0.0002299 %.

That means the death rate, per capita, is 58 % higher in the US than it is in Canada, not 200 % higher in Canada as you stated.

That puts your numbers in error by about a factor of 400 %.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Orion wrote:
"You're more likely to die from it here than there. 2 to 1. Per capita, of course.
Just open the **** border."

I think you have that backwards, if you think that you are more likely to die from Covid in Canada than in the US! Their per capita deaths per 1m is 397 and Canada is 229! Lower is good!

I know. Just trying to keep the thread alive with more silliness. (is that a word?)

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Im happy that the top scientists epidemiologists and doctors are advising gov rather then the average citizen based on the insane comments. All the governments of the world collectively invented or created a virus to control us? This makes my eyes hurt from rolling in my head.
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Ground hog day, all over again. It has been fun.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:

Excellent news. I donโ€™t know about you but we feel lucky to have Doctor Bonnie. Whatagal.

Yup. Very.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
wilber1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
"Just open the **** border."

That would be the stupidest thing to do, bar none.

X2

Announced today, the border will remain closed until at least Aug.30.

That would be excellent news Wilber. Couldnโ€™t find it in an announcement. Is it just recent news???

Dr. Henry mentioned in today's briefing that she had just heard it and Dix said it was his understanding as well. Confirmation has to come from the feds though.

Excellent news. I donโ€™t know about you but we feel lucky to have Doctor Bonnie. Whatagal.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
"Just open the **** border."

That would be the stupidest thing to do, bar none.

X2

Announced today, the border will remain closed until at least Aug.30.

That would be excellent news Wilber. Couldnโ€™t find it in an announcement. Is it just recent news???

Dr. Henry mentioned in today's briefing that she had just heard it and Dix said it was his understanding as well. Confirmation has to come from the feds though.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS