cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for RV park with English or Spanich speaking guest.

darney123
Explorer
Explorer
New to RV ing, I am french Canadian and Billingual in french/english. Without being disrespectfal. I would like to get away from the cluster of my nationallity in Vacationing in Mexico and experience the Culture without having to be like back home. I will be the first to admit the french Canadian tend to be loud and maybe a little rude. So I'm looking for a 30 amp/water nice park with a beach and pool, somewhat resort like park with not as many French Guest.
I am looking at tlaquepaque park (is there much french groups ?) or somewhere between puerta vallarta and mazatlan. Any suggestion? Thank you
13 REPLIES 13

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember the book is now 4 -5 years old. At the RV show 2 weeks ago they indicated they are planning to do the next edition in 2015. A lot of parks in the current one are closed and new ones opened. Check their web site.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchase a Church & Church rollinghomes.com RV park guide. I've had some, a few quebecois walk right past me, ignoring my bon jour. When they had their nightly beach fire you could hear all thirty of them yelling about Quebec politics for a distance of 300 yards*. They are a breed apart. Unfortunately too many vacation in Mexico "Despite the Mexicans".

One of my best friends lives in Patzcuaro and is Quebecois. He has blended in perfectly with his Mexican and American neighbors.

*Boca de Iguanas Jalisco

I do not see any looming problems for you, anywhere. English Canadians would be perhaps the most prone to take issue with a quebecois but Americans? Never. Two seconds of showing friendliness is enough for the vast majority of american RV visitors. If you ever hear the question of curiosity of "why" you are not with quebecois?, just answer "I prefer not to". The question would be out of idle curiousness - the groupees have established quite a reputation for themselves.

Just step out the front gate of your RV park and you'll be in Mexico.

northsloper
Explorer
Explorer
darney123 wrote:
I like Tres Amigos. Have you stayed there? for how long? How was th 8 klm gravel road into it?

6 years now. Yes the road in is long and slow which is OK for those staying for a bit. it does cut down on the short visit/drop ins. 50 amp service available and you pay for what you use when there for more than day rate. Actually is two parks separated by a small local hotel (nice pool) and daytime only beach restaurant. Most beach front sites are taken but you never know. www.kingdavid.com.mx

darney123
Explorer
Explorer
I like Tres Amigos. Have you stayed there? for how long? How was th 8 klm gravel road into it?

northsloper
Explorer
Explorer
Tres Amigos RV on Isla de la Piedra (Stone Island. Just South of Mazatlan. Good mix of American/Canadian....even the occasional Quebecian...All welcome

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
darney123 wrote:
New to RV ing, I am french Canadian and Billingual in french/english. Without being disrespectfal. I would like to get away from the cluster of my nationallity in Vacationing in Mexico and experience the Culture without having to be like back home. I will be the first to admit the french Canadian tend to be loud and maybe a little rude. So I'm looking for a 30 amp/water nice park with a beach and pool, somewhat resort like park with not as many French Guest.
I am looking at tlaquepaque park (is there much french groups ?) or somewhere between puerta vallarta and mazatlan. Any suggestion? Thank you

I don't think you are being disrespectful at all. We do the exact same thing but the other way around. We are always looking for a different cultural experience. We gravitate to parks where there is a strong French influence just for the cultural exchange. Thats also probably why we love to travel and RV in Quebec. Our maternal language is English but speak both Spanish and French comfortably...mostly because we take every opportunity to submerse ourselves in other cultures when the opportunity arises. We have been out of touch with the RVing thing in Mexico for a couple years so I'll pass on recommending any particular park, but we wish you good luck in your search. If we ever cross paths in an RV park in Mexico we'll be sure to speak only Spanish to you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy trails

John and Angela
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Telaquepaque is predominantly French Canadian, It will be heavily used by French Canadian caravans this year as Tacos in PV may be saturated. I saw an article that all the large French Canadian caravans are filled to capacity this year and one company is planning an extra one, as they start to return to Mexico after the drop of the last few years. While many of us find them irritating, it may at last give Mexican RV park owners the hope that the recession in travelers is coming to an end.

Mexnut
Explorer
Explorer
Go to LaPenita Park pictures

The power is 20 amp ( no A/C allowed) but the rest of your needs are certainly met there.

darney123
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Do you have picture you can send of of La Penita, The website does not show any.wouldyou have to share 30 amp?

fugawibill
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned above, La Penita would be the #1 choice. You might want to contact them for a reservation, as they do fill up fast, especially if you have a large RV.

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
Reports coming our way about Telaquepaque, at Lo de Marcos, Nayarit (from people who have spent the winter there for several seasons) indicate there is a strong Quebecois presence in the park. This is something most anglo Canadian travelers quickly notice while in Mexico.

We have had many good experiences with our friendly eastern countrymen. They truly are at their best as fellow RV'ers when not traveling en masse, in caravans; when they are it can be disruptive when (not if) they embrace the "je m'souviens" philosophy. We salute your decision to fly on your own (but you won't be alone). La Penita, near Guayabitos, should be a good start.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Color Marino, near Teacapan, if you want quiet. Sent you a Private message

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Try La Penita RV Park at. La Penita jal Temba! Very nice Park and You will be made very welcome!

Tell them that Rob R sent You!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD