cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Los Algodones Dental Experience

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
This is sort of still ongoing as I have to come back in six months or so to have the work completed but this is my experience at Sani Dental Group so far. I chose Sani because three of my friends had extensive work done there and were happy with the results. They are not the cheapest place in town but I think I am getting great value.

Day One

Day Two
9 REPLIES 9

carolgary1947
Explorer
Explorer
I needed so much dental work done that I absolutely could not afford it in the US. For the past 5 years I have been seeing a dentist in Progresso, Mexico. He has done root canals, crowns and now a bridge. He is excellent. His prices were $200 for a crown and $300 for a root canal. He is such a perfectionist it is unbelievable. And he told me the last time I was there that if I have my grown kids come down for dental work, he would give me a discount on my bridge which I can't remember the price now but it was either $600 or $900. I would refuse a discount because he is such a nice guy and so good. His name is Dr. Sergio A. Vazquez Rivera, Calle Reynosa No. 209, Nvo. Progreso, Tam. Direct ph # from US 011-52-899-0710. He works alone with an assistant. Very small office but don't let that fool you. He is great.
Carol and Gary

Ultralife
Explorer
Explorer
Both wife and myself had multiple crowns done at Sani Dental 4 years ago with excellent results. We also stayed at their hotel which I believe was/is owned by his wife. Good food and accommodations. They ran out of beer so we went out and got more.

Good luck with your continued dental work
Where you are is where your at!

2002 Beaver Monterey 38' DP 330HP Cat
2002 New Beetle "Silver Bullet" Turbo Sport (Manual 5-speed)
Blue OX tow bar and base plate

Who says AZ summers are hot???

Don and Pat

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
There is no question that there are many competent dentists in Los Algodones. It is also possible there are many more that may not be as good, same as anywhere. The clinic I decided on, Sani, is highly recommended and a couple of acquaintances have used them and been happy. Do your own research, talk to people who have had work done and decide where you will go. Do not be swayed by the hawkers lining the street at the border who promise the world if you will just go to "their" dentist. The fact of the matter is, they get paid for bringing people in.

Print out directions, maps and the address but if you do not know how to get to the dentist you have chosen or become confused, pick out the least aggressive hawker and pay him ($5?) to walk you to your dentist. The chaos at the border crossing can be intimidating to the uninitiated but the savings will make it well worth your while!

Taurus19
Explorer
Explorer
I am a 52 yr old teacher in Phoenix, AZ. I have been going to the same dentist at "Dental Solutions" (Xochipilli Bojorquez) in Los Algodones. She has also treated my 82 year old father. I have had bridges, a root canal,a partial, a crown, and three implants. Dr. Xochipilli is a warm, caring person with a clean clinic. She will fill out your insurance forms and give you your xrays and records if you want them. Her prices are about 1/8 of USA prices.(Dental implant = $999).

She have taken refresher courses in several prestigious institutions including Harvard Medical School in Boston.

Note that with Dr. Bojorquez that here is a 4% surcharge to use a Visa card. Then your credit card company will charge a 3% foreign transaction fee, even if the bill is in dollars. Best to bring cash or check.
Dental Solutions: (928) 328 1121
www.dsolutions.mx

Bob.

crandle
Explorer
Explorer

rayeckles
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using Algodones Dental Dr Sam Brown for 5 yrs now for routine cleanings and crowns if needed , Dr Brown speaks good English and is a small office and does all work himself. I highly recommenced him. He is across the hallway from Baja Pharmacy,..

crandle
Explorer
Explorer
The general rule used to be that costs in Mexico were 10% - 15% of costs in the US and Canada. Since then the Mexicans have smartened up and current costs are more like 25% of what you would pay NOB. The work I had done would be in the $30,000 - $40,000 range in Canada and the US.

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
In January of last year I began researching in this forum for dental work for Los Algodones and was directed by a fellow Texan to a dentist in Progresso. I needed 4 root canals and 4 crowns and had an estimate from a Texas dentist to do the work for $9200. In April I had that work and a deep cleaning done in Progresso for $1900. I was and remain very pleased.
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you have a good outcome when you get the implants done. I'm just curious, this is very extensive work you're having done. Any idea what a comparable cost would be at a U.S. dental office?
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)