cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Melaque is a great RV destination

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
It is with great sadness that I pack up from my lot here and head to my new home in Nova Scotia. After being bullied and forced to leave the nicest RV park in Mexico, Laguna Del Tule Trailer Park!- (ELECTRICITY IS FREE, all other parks charging 3 pesos a KWhr) last year I found an ideal lot amongst great Mexican neighbours where my immersion to Mexican culture and language has been greatly enhanced.
I, like many other Gringos have explored the West Coast Mexico and hzave decided that Costa Allegra is ideal for snowbirding.
We have several little bays like Cuastacumotie, La Manzanilla and Tenacatia Aguascalientes near by for getting away from it all.
In addition ZLO airport is 25 kms away for bring in visitors and family, and a first class bus goes direct to the Guadalajara airport for East Coast snowbirders and family visitors who will find it cheaper to head to GDL vice ZLO.

Since this area is primarily a National resort area (bus loads from the colonial cities inland come in on the numerous holidays in the Nov- Mar time-frame) we dont get ripped off with gringo prices like the Americanized resort areas.
Gringos here learn Spanish and the locals love it and respect us. Of course we have the odd bad Gringo apples who come here "because booze and cigarettes are cheap- and there are no rules! no bike helmets, can bring dogs into restaurants and even smoke in them !" but the majority of us volunteer, get involved in a Multi denominational English speaking church (many of us dont attend church NOB but do here because of the great fellowship and oportunity to volunteer for community service- I am an agnostic but set up chairs for service every sunday)

Anyway I have to get back outside to clean up my rig to head for Villa Corona , an aqua park and RV park south of Guadalajara, to leave my rig for the trip to Vancouver I have discussed in another thread.
Hausta Luego Amigos - see you next year from my Bungalow.
PS my lot is available for 3500 pesos a month all in!
An ex Class A with towed. Now Bungalow in Melaque.
24 REPLIES 24

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
He ia a British Subject/Cdn paasport and I can predict what is going to happen if he continues to try to hurt me!!
I will not try to avoid him but I will find another lunch restaurant and convince them to make me a Ensalada Atun like Junior and Ramon do. And I will utilize Concha del Mar.
How many at Celisto.? Only a handful at Chimulco, unfortunately not enough to warrant RV hot pool. It sure would be nice to jump into some hot sulphur water after two days at 8 C and drizzle here in Vancouver.
?ETA lower mainland

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Just heed my advice and stay clear of him. This is not Canada, you cannot pedict what may happen.

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila. yes your option of summer storage is a good one. that area is very secure and dry.
about my risk thank you for documenting this publicly as I will attach this to my will for follow up if something happens to me.
and I am not out to get this guy, I am trying to protect others as in 1967 Paul Hellyer handed me a piece of paper from the Queen that said I was to , for the rest of my life act if I saw something unjust , evil or against the value system of being her subject.
Take Care and thanks again.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Bounder Lew wrote:
Good Advice thanks Mate. You put a lot of thought in your post and I appreciate your succinct and honest council. Hopefully I will hoist it aboard and stop this.
See you next winter and keep on encouraging RVing.
Have you heard about Chimulco plans to allow 12 month for 32,000 pesos? In addition a proper park wide Wifi. With my antennae, I am able to get 4 bars and can connect to the router but I don't get Internet access.

I like chimulco but it is not where I want to spend a whole season. It is also a popular caravan park, so can be crowded. It is on my list as a possible place to store an RV for summer due to its higher Altitude. Trouble is that means either a class A or C or risk driving a tow truck back & forth. With the recent hijackings, that makes me nervous.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
It is up to you Lew, but believe me you cannot win this one. Pursuing it will only end badly. It is the smart man who knows when it is time to retreat and just let it go. There is nothing to be gained by escalating it. The owner of the RV Park is NOT on your side. He has a lot of influence in Melaque. You could find yourself in jail for harrasment, trespassing and any number of things or even something trumped up.That is not a good thing to happen in Mexico. If you start harrassing this individual, 2000 pesos slipped to the right person will eliminate you as a problem easily. Of course that works 2 ways, but you have now announced publically that you are out to get him. This is not a good situation. There are plenty of other great places to spend the winter in Mexico. Separate yourself from this guy as much as possible, before something happens you will reget. It just ain't worth it.

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Wait a minute Tequila. He is a professional enforcer Tormenter. I am not going to avoid him. He has convinced you that he might be a nice guy. He Tormented D and S, they left LDT. He tormented J and C and they are reluctant to return. B and tall fire fighter observed the tormenting and have found other options. I was tormented to point of having to leave and asked to leave. He is happy as a clam. He has gathered a mafia group who think I poisoned dogs!! So is this acceptable?

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Good Advice thanks Mate. You put a lot of thought in your post and I appreciate your succinct and honest council. Hopefully I will hoist it aboard and stop this.
See you next winter and keep on encouraging RVing.
Have you heard about Chimulco plans to allow 12 month for 32,000 pesos? In addition a proper park wide Wifi. With my antennae, I am able to get 4 bars and can connect to the router but I don't get Internet access.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I really do not know what to think. I think this is a case of severe personality clash. It happens. In my experience it is best to simply avoid the individual in question or it can escalate or even become dangerous & violent. Justified or not, Lew, you got kicked out of the park, warrented or not, and there is little you can do about it unless Fidel changes his mind. The individual in question has a pernanent spot there he is paying for, so it is very unlikely he is going to leave, or be asked to, and confrontations between the 2 of you like I witnessed in the restaurant last month are never going to end well. You are selling your RV and going to Barra. My advice is to simply avoid this person. The problem is that when you trash somebody, even if it MAY be justified, it usually comes back to reflect upon yourself. If he is as evil as you think he is, (and I have no idea since he has always been friendly enough to me), the same thing will occur with somebody else sooner or later, and in that event you will be vindicated. Some people simply rub each other the wrong way and it can escalate, which is what I think has happened in this case. I do not think you can win this one. You have a lot of friends in Melaque. Take the high road and you will get far more respect. Just some advice from a friend.

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
yes Jim it is a Secret meeting of the right and left side of the LDT Mafia. It is Wed 26 and I am in Vancouver BC, for travel med ins 40 day reint. Trying to find out some info on Corrections abuse cases and doing a little Cdn shopping. Your metric conversion is minus 2 C and 45 Km an hour. Vancouver is 7 and light rain.
Take care Mate.

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Whoa?

This must be a secret club that I know nothing about.
Is it Tuesday? Rumor has it it is Tuesday. 27 degrees with a 30 mph north wind. given a choice, I'd switch to the metric system here and now.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
I am being bullied. Yes and did I mention him kicking my dish. Saying / lew you are going to need protection when you get to BC because I have buried A holes like you!
In addition he is still passing on the rumour that I poisoned dogs!!!
I have a nice pink T shirt with appropriate photo and signage for use in Villa Obregon next year. Yes folks I will stand up to the BULLY!
Even if the vacationers looking for peace and solitude bury their heads in the sand.

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
)Let it go before it becomes a bigger problem.( That is my point it is going to become a bigger problem. The guy is a bully and bullies always want to bully! and Tequila has just reported that he is accusing me of dog poisoning!! So I should let it go!! Forget it sunshine!!
and did I mention that he sanctioned stashing of MJ on a fellow CDN RV!!!
In addition he tried to run me down again last week and a weak kneed Gringo witness once again did not want to get involved. That is because he is a very mean streaked professional enforcer.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
My shop in Mexico ( residential rates) will use about 500 KW if a motorhome plugged in. That costs 900 pesos. Our house is an energy hog and the last bill 996 KW and the cost was almost 2500 pesos. Keep in mind that we are still on the high rate in Sonora. In February we did use the mini splits for heat a few times. Every region has different rates In the winter once I go over 250 KW the rate is 2.826 pesos per kw. Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Even with the a/c running in the bedroom, the pool filter for 1.5 hours a day and the pump for the well (watering 1600 sq meters), I still stay under 400kwhs per month. I have all LEDs in the house and all the pumps (pool and well) were changed to new high efficiency types.

Gotta learn to economize, besides, it's good for the environment. Our electric here in the north is much higher and there are some areas of the country that get 2100 kwhs per bimestre, and some areas where the billing is monthly from the CFE. When we lived in Monterrey, we had monthly billing with 800 kwhs before going into DAC.

Still don't know how the new digital meters with the pre-pay cards are going to work out.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog