cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memphis,tn to spurgeon bay,wi

richardsr
Explorer
Explorer
we will be traveling in mid june in 40ft dp and tow veh. I would prefer to avoid Chicago area. I have looked at interstate 55 to 39 and 43 to Milwaukee. I would appreciate any suggestions on alternate routes,road construction and campgrounds in sturgeon bay. sincerely,richard
7 REPLIES 7

John_M1
Explorer
Explorer
camperpaul wrote:

You don't even want to think about taking "Wisconsin 50" to Kenosha and I-94 unless you really want to go through the down-town area of Lake Geneva.

X2
Taking I43 over to Milwaukee from I39 is, IMHO, the way to go. Continue on I43 through Milwaukee and on up to Green Bay, then over to Sturgeon Bay. You might check Google Maps for current construction delays, but baring those problems, it should be a fairly easy trip. We went through Milwaukee on I43 in our 36' DP with toad many times.
John and Susan
2018 Winnebago Vista 26HE
Jeep Wrangler Toad

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
camperpaul wrote:
richardsr wrote:
thanks guys for your input.rockhill,i will take your advice on 57 instead of 55. I have one question on hwy 50.rockhill do you mean exit 39 north of interstate 43 at hwy 14 to 50 then north on 94 to 43. sincerely,richard

You don't even want to think about taking "Wisconsin 50" to Kenosha and I-94 unless you really want to go through the down-town area of Lake Geneva.

Going North from Milwaukee, you can take US-41 or I-43.

In Illinois, there is Illinois 43 but it ends in Waukegan and is a local street for most of its length.

Lake Geneva, 1/2 mile long, one stop light. The 'only' time there is any significant traffic is in on Sat and Sun.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
richardsr wrote:
thanks guys for your input.rockhill,i will take your advice on 57 instead of 55. I have one question on hwy 50.rockhill do you mean exit 39 north of interstate 43 at hwy 14 to 50 then north on 94 to 43. sincerely,richard

Going North from Milwaukee, you can take US-41 or I-43.

In Illinois, there is Illinois 43 but it ends in Waukegan and is a local street for most of its length.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

richardsr
Explorer
Explorer

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
richardsr wrote:
we will be traveling in mid june in 40ft dp and tow veh. I would prefer to avoid Chicago area. I have looked at interstate 55 to 39 and 43 to Milwaukee. I would appreciate any suggestions on alternate routes,road construction and campgrounds in sturgeon bay. sincerely,richard

57 then cut over on 74 to 39. I avoid 55 and St. Louis like the plague.
This is the route I have been taking for years and it is a real pleasant drive with a MH towing. And is shorter time wise than taking 55.

Don't know where you are going in Milwaukee but I wouldn't take 43.
I would exit 39 at 50 east over to the interstate and then up to Milwaukee. Unless you like the scenic route of 43 with low speeds narrow roads and tons of towns.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
A good place to overnight on your trip would be Rock Cut State Park

Exit from I=39 at IL-173, go 1/2 mile west and you're there.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
That is just the route I was going to give you.
Our old stomping grounds. IL/WI.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+