cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mexico Trip Late 2015 into 2016 to Yucatan/Quintana Roo

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to start planing a trip to Mexico's Yucatan/Quintana Roo region and would like to find others interested in doing this trip.

I would like to meet in the Mission/McAllen Texas area and leave from there. I would like to visit Chichenitza, Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel and Tulum. Maybe even go into Belize.

I have been to the Mexico areas I mentioned but flew there, traveled by car and stayed in hotels. But this time I want to RV. I did visit some of the RV parks to check them out. So I am familiar with some of them.

I speak Fluent Spanish and English. I can make all the arrangement/reservations for our stops.

Anyone interested? We can start planning the Trip!
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2013 Honda CR-V EX, AWD, SMI Braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox Aventa tow bar.
Trikke 48V Electric Trikes.
15 REPLIES 15

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
DPF

The question of using Mexican diesel fuel in diesel powered vehicles built in 2007 or later comes up often on this forum. I am certainly no authority – we have a 2006 so this is not a concern of ours. Some say that many owners drive their newer trucks all over Mexico with no problem. Newer vehicles require ULSD which is 15ppm sulfur while older vehicles only require LSD which can contain UP TO 500ppm sulfur. Since I really know nothing about this I did some Googling and came up with some info and also more websites where more can be learned by anyone who is really interested. I have read somewhere that the vehicle ECM computer stores information about everything that happens with the engine and diagnostics equipment can read these computers – they will know if improper fuel is used and this could void the warranty. I sincerely wish all vehicles could be safely driven in Mexico and I encourage anyone with the proper equipment to visit Mexico – it is not my intent – now or ever – to discourage anyone from travel in Mexico. I have no other answers than what can be found below……Anyone can Google for lots more info……….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_particulate_filter

Wall-flow diesel particulate filters usually remove 85% or more of the soot, and under certain conditions can attain soot removal efficiencies approaching 100%. Some filters are single-use, intended for disposal and replacement once full of accumulated ash. Others are designed to burn off the accumulated particulate either passively through the use of a catalyst or by active means such as a fuel burner which heats the filter to soot combustion temperatures. This is accomplished by engine programming to run (when the filter is full) in a manner that elevates exhaust temperature or produces high amounts of NOx to oxidize the accumulated ash,[3] or through other methods. This is known as "filter regeneration". Cleaning is also required as part of periodic maintenance, and it must be done carefully to avoid damaging the filter. Failure of fuel injectors or turbochargers resulting in contamination of the filter with raw diesel or engine oil can also necessitate cleaning.[4] The regeneration process occurs at road speeds higher than can generally be attained on city streets; vehicles driven exclusively at low speeds in urban traffic can require periodic trips at higher speeds to clean out the DPF.[5] If the driver ignores the warning light and waits too long to operate the vehicle above 40 miles per hour (64 km/h), the DPF may not regenerate properly, and continued operation past that point may spoil the DPF completely so it must be replaced.[6] Some newer diesel engines, namely those installed in combination vehicles, can also perform what is called a Parked Regeneration, where the engine increases RPM to around 1400 while parked, to increase the temperature of the exhaust.

http://towprofessional.com/2013/12/dont-get-clogged-up-diesel-particulate-filter . . . where they say in part . . .

This is where the trouble begins. A clogged DPF filter can result in diesel soot backing up into the engine, causing damage to the VGT actuator, turbo, fuel injectors and EGR solenoid. Also, the unburned fuel injected into the exhaust system, as part of the regen cycle, can go into the crankcase contaminating the engine oil.

And……….

These DPF problems are so common that Dodge/Cummins owners have filed a class action lawsuit which has yet to be settled.

Quick look on eBay . . . http://www.ebay.com/bhp/diesel-particulate-filter . . . I see Mercedes Sprinter DPF very special deal only $1,250 and a Cummins for only $1,864

http://www.minutemantrucks.com/dpf-cleaning . . . cost of cleaning

http://www.worktruckonline.com/channel/fuel-management/article/story/2008/01/what-fleet-managers-should-know-about-diesel-particulate-filters/page/2.aspx

http://www.truckinginfo.com/article/story/2009/05/diesel-particulate-filters.aspx

http://www.fleetserv.com/service/dpf-maintenance/understanding-diesel-particulate-filter-maintenance

http://emissionsretrofit.com/products/diesel-particulate-filters

More can be found online.

RockyRoadCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Here in western KY we are interested in this long Mexico trip as it has been awhile since we have been there. We have been to Palenque five times and Cozumel diving 15 times. Once rode the train from Laredo to Merida...that was a few years ago...I would say we are 50-50. Biggest obstacle is our 2008 Ford diesel pickup burns supposedly only low sulfur diesel, although on a one week trip to northern Mexico 5-6 years ago we did burn several tanks of Mexico normal diesel with no ill effects....Archaeology sites, sun, beaches, tropics, markets, snorkling these days, will be 69 yrs old by then, rural areas, local sites, canyons, springs, caves and we would be especially interested in Tikal and Calacmul (sp). We have driven to Cozumel once. Driven to the Yucatan 3 times, and flew and rented cars the others. Spanish so so, i.e., not so hot...Little current practice. However, we love birding and photography. Would love to bird again at Palenque, drive the road to San Cristobal, see the Mot-Mots once again at the Sacred Well at Chichen Itza and much more....May be able to talk an archaelogist and fluent Spanish speaker as well as accomplished Mexico traveler for decades to go with us especially if I pick up the fuel, etc....On Ward Thru the Fog...The Truckcamper from Browder, KY..pls send personal msg with ph # and I will call.

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
I am using all the info posted so far, the links, Mike & Terri Church books and Garmin BaseCamp to plot and chart my route. I know a lot of you use Microsoft Strets & Trips but that has been discontinued and Amazon stopped selling downloads yesterday.

I'll just have to make the best of Garmin's BaseCamp. I've use Garmin for years and I'm very familiar with MapSource which is their older product, so the move to BaseCamp will be easy. For Garmin, I have City Navigator North America NT 2015.3 which is their latest maps.

Nice thing is that I can transfer the routes to my Garmin RV 760LMT GPS.
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2013 Honda CR-V EX, AWD, SMI Braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox Aventa tow bar.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
We use maps and tips and road logs from many sources. We have been using Mike & Terri Church books and their website for years. We also use Bill & Dot Bell's ontheroadin website and bought their road logs. We have the logs in binders and we can follow and have room to add our own notes and landmarks to keep the logs up to date. Mexico Mike also sells maps on his website - and the site is full of lots of other info and tips. We find these logs and blogs and websites to be very useful and worth the cost. We also put maps on our blog. You can use all of these sources to find RV parks and other places to park. There are many other useful sources out there. We have never traveled with others - not even for a day - though we do often make plans to meet up with people who travel some of the same routes.

http://ontheroadin.com/mexico_road_logs__driving_guide.htm

http://www.mexicomapstore.com/splash-page.html

http://www.rollinghomes.com/

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
keelhauler1,

Yes the more I think about it the more I want to do it alone! I will just try to find others to cross the border with and drive to the first nights camp. From there everyone will be on their own. I will try to do the same when coming back.

If someone wants to stick with us at our pace for some of the trip that is fine, provided we get along 🙂

We are not big party people. We do most of our own cooking, but also enjoy going out to eat. We also exercise and stay active so we stay fit. I'm am big into Photography and Scuba Diving. Also enjoy my electronic toys. Use to work in IT, so I'm big into tech stuff.

BTW you have an excellent web site with very informative and useful information!

I will study your routes and notes and build mine from there. As I had mentioned, we will most likely enter Mexico from Mission/McAllen area.

Coming down from Georgia and visiting some friends in Dallas and Austin before going into Mexico. We will probably spend a week in Mission/McAllen before crossing the border.
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA

keelhauler1
Explorer
Explorer
We have traveled to Quintanaroo for the past 6 years.

It is so much easier travelling at your own pace without worrying about travelling with other RVr's. We did it once-NEVER AGAIN.

See my blog and trips, which includes maps, driving times and camping places. Each year is a little different. Here is my summary of the past trips with links to either blog posts or stories.

My Mexican Trips
John

All my Mexico Trips
-------------------------------------------

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry - had you confused with someone else - looks like you may have plenty of time. Depending on your areas of interest there are many interesting places to visit all over Mexico. Below are web addresses where you may find more places you might like. We have been loving our visits to the World Heritage Sites, Colonial Cities and Pueblos Magicos as we travel all corners of Mexico. You probably can't visit them all but my suggestion to go down the center of Mexico and over to San Miguel de Allende would put you close to at least 4 very interesting places. Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato (the city) and Queretaro are all near San Miguel. There is an RV park near San Miguel and one near Guanajuato as well as one we have not stayed at in Queretaro. We often centrally locate in San Miguel and take our car to visit the other places - 20 - 30 miles away. You can research at lot more about all of these places online.

http://www.mexperience.com/guide/colonial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo_M%C3%A1gico

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Heritage_Sites_in_Mexico

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_de_Catorce

Though we do love beaches and spending time at the beach we have found that Mexico has so much more to offer we find it hard to stay in one place for very long.

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
BrianSue,

Thank You for you excellent suggestions. I never leave home without my GPS and I do have up to date Mexico maps. We'll see about Belize and the paperwork. As far as time, we are really not restrained.

No real obligations back home. The the time we stay can be really flexible. But we do want to take our time and enjoy everywhere we go. This could turn into a real long trip!

If we need to come back for some reason, we will just fly and go right back as soon as possible.

I have no problem taking the Couta to save some time.

Still haven't decided on a date to leave. But maybe shortly after Thanksgiving would be good. Christmas in Mexico sounds like a wonderful idea!
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
4x4,

I see and fully understand your point! I have no trouble doing it on my own. But would prefer some company at least crossing the border and getting 50 or 100 miles into Mexico.

I'm perfectly fine in just getting one or two other RVs to get to Cancun and then everyone is off on their own.

My wife a I don't like tight schedules! And just like to go with the flow so I know that having a group can cause turmoil.

We'll see how it goes. But we are going! Maybe it may just come down to finding other s in McAllen/Mission Texas when we get there and just cross and convoy for a while and then go on our own schedules.

Thanks for the advice! I speak the language so I have no problem getting around. I too have done a lot of traveling all,over the place.
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Abner055 wrote:
I would like to start planing a trip to Mexico's Yucatan/Quintana Roo region and would like to find others interested in doing this trip.

I would like to meet in the Mission/McAllen Texas area and leave from there. I would like to visit Chichenitza, Cancun, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel and Tulum. Maybe even go into Belize.

I have been to the Mexico areas I mentioned but flew there, traveled by car and stayed in hotels. But this time I want to RV. I did visit some of the RV parks to check them out. So I am familiar with some of them.

I speak Fluent Spanish and English. I can make all the arrangement/reservations for our stops.

Anyone interested? We can start planning the Trip!

One more suggestion for you: I would give really careful consideration to going on your own and NOT tying yourself to anyone else. There are so many pitfalls in this: You may regret it way before the end of the trip and if there are disagreements and or trouble it may cast a pall over the rest of your trip.

You will find plenty of people on your way, Rv'ers, other tourists, and expats. You will find it harder to get away from company than to find it. In almost every place you stop there will be people there going your way that you can travel with for short or longer distances and some coming back from your destination who can offer really local and up to the minute advice on the route you are about to travel.

JUST GO! When you travel with others you tend to create a self sustaining entity which makes it tougher to get closer to the local people and follow your own path.

This advice comes from one who has traveled to over 40 countries, lived and worked in countries as diverse as Egypt, China, Vietnam, Sierra Leone, England, France, Switzerland and others.

Have a good time and please keep us posted on your preparations and progress.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Ooops - sorry - I forgot to paste the website where I found the list . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_archaeological_sites_by_country . . . and also a list a Maya sites . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Maya_sites . . .

Vieques was great and we took Spanish lessons and also classes where we worked with Puerto Ricans with us trying to teach them English slang and then trying to teach us Spanish slang. Lots of fun but it did not take. We also took Spanish classes in Mexico. Still did not take. We have books and tapes to study. Our brains do not seem capable of new information. But we do seem to get by with our limited vocabulary.

For SCUBA diving we stayed at Paa Mul and arranged to dive with the outfit there - but we did not like their style of diving and would never dive with them again. There was an outfit at Akumal we liked and would prefer diving with them. Diving cenotes with a guide is also a great experience. I did that many years ago when there were only a few accessible cenotes but now they have opened access to many of them and have rules in place about guides and experience etc. Guides may not take more than 4 divers - obvious safety reasons.

Friends of ours stayed at Xpu Ha on the beach in a 36' motorhome but resources are limited and the water is awful. Depending on the size of your rig we think Maya Bell at Palenque is one of the most memorable places we have stayed anywhere. We boondocked in the parking lot at Uxmal with no problem.

We took the coast route down along the gulf and it was more work than fun. Many people now say to cross at Laredo and take the cuotas all the way down. That would be - 85/85D from Laredo to Monterrey - 57/57D from Monterrey to the Arco Norte ( http://www.arconorte.com.mx/mapa ) north of Mexico City - 150/150D from Puebla to 145/145D - to 180/180D to Villahermosa.

Along the way we stop at Matehuala off 57D and take a day to visit Real de Catorce - a must see. Then after San Luis Potosi we cut across 110 to Dolores Hidalgo and 51 down to San Miguel de Allende to visit that area. From there you can take 111 back to 57D near Queretaro and on down toward Mexico City. We would definitely find a way to visit Teotihuacan if you can. There is a way to get there from the Arco Norte (40D) to 132D - or 5D off 57D takes you closer to Mexico City but it is shorter - traffic not too bad if you don't make a wrong turn. A stop in Cholula to visit Puebla and the Cholula Pyramid if time allows. 150D takes you over a mountain pass that is often shrouded in clouds - but if you get a clear day there are several mountains is the 17,000 to 18,000 foot range - Orizaba - Popocatépetl - Iztaccíhuatl - among the tallest mountains on this continent. Between Puebla and Villahermosa we stayed at a Pemex as there are no RV parks close along that route.

Many people still take the gulf coast route but it can be rough and confusing - though it has probably improved some since we did it. The route I suggest is more miles and more tolls but probably faster and easier driving.

I can't tell you much about crossing to Belize or Guatemala but have heard it can get confusing as you may have to turn in your permits and vehicle paperwork at the border when leaving Mexico and then get all that stuff done again when you re-enter Mexico. I have nothing against going to other places but with the time you said you have it could be more than enough to try to see what Mexico has to offer. Take the time to experience the places and not just fly by.

I would also suggest getting the latest Garmin GPS as well as Microsoft Streets & Trip 2013 to map your route and take the time to check and double check to see that your GPS is taking you the correct route - any wrong turn can lead to problems.

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
BrianSue,

Quite an impressive list! Your Spanish must be good from living in Vieques and your travels in Mexico.

I loved Chichen Itza and Tulum. Have to also go again to xCaret, it was a beautiful/wonderful park! And also visit some of the other ones.

I do have the Church's Books. I have both, The Mexican Camping and The Baja one. That is where I got some campgrounds to visit and check while we were vacationing there. We used our vacation there as a scouting trip for the RV trip.

I will start planning a route and with possible stops in the route to Cancun. We will probably only travel about 6 hours a days on route and probably stay at some places for few days to rest and check the local areas.

We are very excited to go back to Mexico and to Belize for the first time! We are also into Scuba Diving so we also plan to do some of that. Love the Drift Diving in Cozumel!
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
We probably won't be doing the same trip you are planning (but you never know). But we can make some suggestions. Essential guide - Travelers Guide To Mexican Camping by Mike & Terri Church - often referred to as "The Church Book" - and their website . . . http://rollinghomes.com/Update%20log.htm . . . with updates to the book. Roam around the website to learn lots more.

See the "Stickies" at the top of this forum and study the info found there.

By the way - I grew up just outside NYC and lived on Vieques, PR for 8 years.

If you are into ancient ruins as we are there is a Wiki list of the ruins of the world - see web address below - with list of sites in Mexico. We have visited quite a few of these and forget many of them. We have read the pyramid at Cholula near Puebla is the largest in the world by volume and the Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan is the third largest by volume. Now that there are new roads around Mexico City you can get to Teotihuacan and Puebla without going through Mexico City traffic. Sites like Chichen Itza and Tulum can be overwhelmed by tourist buses and venders selling junk souvenirs - get there when they first open in the morning and you might be able to beat the crowds. Off the top of my head our favorites are Palenque, Teotihuacan, Uxmal, Ek' Balam. You can research all of these sites online. Here is the wiki list of sites in Mexico - with some of the majors and our favorites in UPPER CASE.
Acaneh
Acanmul
Achiutla
Acozac (archaeological site)
Ake
Almuchil
Altar de los Reyes
Altavista petroglyph complex
Anayte'
El Amparo
El Arbolillo
El Azuzul
Balakbal
Balamku
Balankanche
Balcón de Montezuma
Becan
Bellote
Bolonchén
BONAMPAK
Cacaxtla
CALAKMUL
Calixtlahuaca
Calotmul
La Campana (archaeological site)
Candelaria Cave
Cansacbe
Cantona (Mesoamerican site)
CAÑADA DE LA VIRGEN
Capacha
Casa de la Cacica
Castillo de Teayo (Mesoamerican site)
Cempoala
Cenotillo
El Cerrito (archaeological site)
Cerro de la Estrella (archeological site)
Cerro de las Mesas
Cerro de las Minas
Cerro Juanaqueña
Chac II
Chacchoben
Chacmultun
Chactun
Chakalal
Chakanbakan
Chalcatzingo
Chalchihuites
El Chanal
Chiapa de Corzo (Mesoamerican site)
Chicanna
CHICHEN ITZA
Chichmul
El Chicozapote
Chimalhuacán (archaeological site)
Chinikiha
Chinkultic
CHOLULA (MESOAMERICAN SITE)
Chuctiepa
Chunchucmil
Chunhuhub
Chunlimon
Chunkunab
Chupicuaro
Coatetelco
COBA
Comalcalco
Comitan
El Conde
El Coporo
Cozumel
Cuajilote
Cuarenta Casas
Cuauhtinchan
Cuca
Cueva de las Jarillas
Cueva De Las Ventanas
Cueva de Oxtotitlan
Cuicuilco
Culuba
Cutzamala (Mesoamerican site)
Cuyuxquihui
Dainzú
Dzehkabtun
Dzekilna
Dzibanche
Dzibilchaltun
Dzibilnocac
Dzibiltun
Dzilam
Dzitbalche
Dzula
EDZNA
EK' BALAM
El Encanto
Etlatongo
La Ferreria
Flor de Mayo
Frightful Cave
Gheo-shih
Guachimontones
Guaquitepec
Guiengola
Hacienda Hotzuc
Halakal
Halal
Haltunchon
Hoboyna
Hochop
Holactun
Hormiguero
Hotzuc
Huamango
Huamelulpan (archaeological site)
Huandacareo
Huapalcalco
Huápoca
Huatusco (archaeological site)
Hunanhil
Huntichmul
Huntichmul II
Ichkabal
Ichmac
Ichmul
Ichpaatun
Ichpich
Los Idolos
Ihuatzio
Ikil (Maya site)
Isla de Jaina
Isla de Piedras
Isla Uaymil
Itzamkanac
Ixcateopan
Ixil
Ixtelha
Ixtlan del Rio (archaeological site)
Izamal
Izapa
Jolja'
Jonuta
La Joya
Juxtlahuaca
Kabah (Maya site)
Kana
Kanki
Kinich
Kakmo
Kintunich
Kantunil Kin
Kayal
Kiuic
Kohunlich
Komchen
Kukab
Kuluba
Labna
Lacanha
Laguna de los Cerros
Lambityeco
Loltun
Las Bocas
Las Choapas
Las Flores (archaeological site)
Las Ranas
Malpasito
Managua (Maya site)
El Manatí
Mani
La Mar
Mario Ancona (Maya site)
Matacapan
Maxcanu
Mayapan
El Meco
Mesa de Cacahuatenco
Miraflores
Misantla
Mitla
Mocu
La Mojarra
MONTE ALBÁN
Mopila
Moral Reforma
Mul chic
Muluch Tsekal
La Muñeca
Muyil
Nakaskat
Ndaxagua
Nicolas Bravo (Maya site)
Nocuchich
Nohpat
Ojo de Agua (Maya site)
Okop
El Opeño
Organera Xochipala
Otompan
Oxcutzcab
Oxkintok
Oxlahuntun
Oxpemul
Oxtankah
Oxtotitlán
El Pabellon
Padre Piedra
Palace of Cortés, Cuernavaca
PALENQUE
El Palmar (Chiapas)
El Palmar (Quintana Roo)
El Palmillo
Panhale
PAQUIME
Paso de la Amada
Pechal
Peralta (Mesoamerican site)
Pestac
Piedra Labrada
La Pintada (archaeological site)
El Pital (Veracruz)
Pixoy
Plazuelas
Pomoná
Pomuch
Potonchán
La Proveedora
Punta Sur (Cozumel)
PUUC
La Quemada
Quiahuiztlan
El Quirambal
Remojadas
El Resbalon
El Retiro
El Rey
Río Bec
Río Michol
Sabacche
Sabakalal
Sacchana
San Andrés (Mesoamerican site)
San Claudio (Maya site)
Sacnicte
San Gervasio (Maya site)
San José Mogote
San Lorenzo (Campeche)
San Lorenzo (Chiapas)
San Lorenzo Tenochtitlán
San Miguel Ixtapan (archaeological site)
San Pablo Huitzo
Santa Cecilia Acatitlan
Santa Elena (Maya site)
Santa Rosa Xtampak
Santoton
Sayil
Sihó
Silvituc
Simojovel
Sisilha
La Soledad de Maciel
Suchilquitongo (archaeological site)
T'Ho
El Tabasqueño
Tabi
EL TAJÍN
Tamaulipas early agricultural site.
Tancah
Tapachula
Techoh
Tecoaque
Telantunich
Templo Mayor
Tenam Puente
Tenam Rosario
Tenayuca
Tenochtitlan
Teopantecuanitlan
Teopanzolco
Teotenango
TEOTIHUACAN
Tepatlaxco (Mesoamerican site)
Tepcatan
Tepeticpac
Los Tepoltzis
El Tepozteco
El Teul
Tila
Tingambato
Tipikal
Tizatlan
Tlapacoya
Tlatelolco
Tlatilco
Tohcok
Toluquilla
Tollan
Tonalá
Toniná
Tortuguero (Maya site)
Tres Zapotes
TULA
TULUM
Tunkuyi
Tututepec
Tzendales
Tzibanche
TZINTZUNTZAN (Mesoamerican site)
Tzocchen
Tzum
Uaymil
Uci (Maya site)
Uitzina
Ukum
La Union
UXMAL
El Vallecito
La Venta
Xaltocan
Xbalche
Xcalumkin
Xcambo
Xcaret
Xcocha
Xcochkax
Xcoh
Xcorralche
Xcucsuc
Xculoc
Xel Ha
Xicalango
Xkalachetzimin
Xkichmook
Xkipche
Xkombec
Xkukican
Xlapak
Xnucbec
Xochicalco
Xochipala
Xochitecatl
Xpujil
Xtobo
Xul
Xupa
Yaaxhom
Yagul
Yakalmai
Yalcabakal
Yaxche-Xlabpak
Yaxchilan
Yaxcopoil
Yaxuna
Yo'okop
Yucuita
Yula
Zaachila
El Zapotal
Zazacatla
Zohapilco

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
I am completely open to going to Belize and Tikai. Actually I would prefer for the trip to also include Belize. I seriously thought about going to Belize when we were in Tulum, but was short on time.

I recently retired (July 2014 at age 59) and have plenty of time to do it.

We do travel slow (but not too slow) and like to take in the areas. I am not the type to just wants to Drive Drive Drive to say they have been there. We like to have enough time to enjoy the different places.

If we can get enough interested, maybe part of the group can just do Mexico and return and the rest of the group continue to Belize.

My Info: Born and raised in New York City to Puerto Rican parents. Fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Worked 40 years in IT. My wife is French and Bilingual in French and English, but understands Spanish pretty well.

When I think about this trip, I am think anywhere from 4 to 8 months.

Let's do it!!!
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA