cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montgomery Alabama to Destin FL.

Bluejay_Ford
Explorer
Explorer
My family and I will be traveling from Wisconsin to Topsail Hills State park in Destin Florida later this month. My question is when I get to Montgomery Alabama. I have never driven on Hwy’s AL3, US31, and AL97 to US331 south. I will be pulling a travel trailer and want to get some opinions on preferred routes from people who have experience with the area.
5 REPLIES 5

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 is right on. That is the best way of getting to Destin
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on sch911's route from Montgomery south. This is the route I take every year.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Bluejay_Ford
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try your route on the way down. I can’t wait to get away from all of this snow and subzero temperatures. Today was our 55th day since January 1st having temperatures below zero.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
The roads are fine we go every year.

But you should stay on I65 allot further than Montgomery....

Stay on I65 until exit 114. Then take AL55 south through Adalusia, (there are a couple of turns in this area so be careful), Stay on AL55 all the way to Florala AL, where you turn south on US331. Take US331 south all the way across the bay to US98. Turn right on US98 and about 5 miles you'll see FL30A which is where the park is.

PM if you have questions....
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Bluejay_Ford
Explorer
Explorer
Bluejay Ford wrote:
My family and I will be traveling from Wisconsin to Topsail Hills State park in Destin Florida later this month. My question is when I get to Montgomery Alabama. I have never driven on Hwy’s AL3, US31, and AL97 to US331 south. I will be pulling a travel trailer and want to get some opinions on preferred routes from people who have experience with the area.