cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nashville Nightmare

retireclose
Explorer
Explorer
We came through Nashville last spring on our way home to Michigan. We had over a 2 hour traffic jam -- no accidents. We will be traveling from Top Sail in the pan handle again this year.

Does anyone know of a better route other then going through Nashville? We could go over to I-75 but that causes more problems,

Thanks
Gary
2016 22' Rockwood 2104s Mini-Lite
2014 Chevy Silverado 1500
16 REPLIES 16

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only time I recall seeing a really major jam on I-24 south of Nashville was when there was a music event of some sort. We were going north but the southbound lanes were jammed for maybe 5 miles. It's just a roll of the die, you can stuck in a traffic jam in just about any major city. I've decided that most of the time you just waste more time trying to bypass a big city than you do in just driving thru.

The only exception is when the geography of the roads makes it possible to bypass a city on a good fast road and actually save some time. San Antonio can be bypassed with Texas 46 for example. But that's because the interstate makes a "V" at that point and you can cut across it.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Probably just a matter of timing it to when traffic is at its lightest. And not unusual to get stuck in a long traffic jam due to an accident, but by the time you get to where it happened it has all been cleared, emergency vehicles gone, and leaves you wondering what the problem was.