cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice Boston area

CThibaudeau
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling with 32 foot trailer coming from the North to pick up someone at Boston Logan Airport and then going to Hwy 90 Westbound out of Boston onto Florida. What is the best route to get out of Boston without using tunnels since I will have Propane Tanks on board.
Thanks.
Chris.
5 REPLIES 5

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
What he said!

I'm a she, but that's OK! :B

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Any of the Logan Express buses will deliver your passenger to a station on the Rt 128/I-95 belt where there is ample room to maneuver a trailer. It cost less than $10. From there go north or south on Rt 128 to pick up the Mass Pike.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
Nearly impossible to go anywhere around Boston proper with propane and a large TT.
You take Rt95 or Rt495 around Boston and have him Uber, taxi or bus to Framingham . Pick him up there and jump on Rt90
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
What he said!
Ray

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
It's not feasible to bring it to the airport. Two thoughts: have your friend take a taxi, the T or bus to a mutually agreed upon spot along the Rt. 128/95 corridor. You will avoid the city completely that way. Or, drop the trailer off somewhere near the Rt. 93/128/95 interchange, go into the city to get him/her, and then pick up the trailer and continue south. There are also "park and ride" facilities where you might be able to wait. Your friend can take the shuttle that goes there. The one in Framingham puts you in a good location to pick up I90.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]