cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NJ Garden State Parkway

502monte
Explorer II
Explorer II
Headed north to Lake George area from Lower Bucks County in Pa. Has anybody used the Garden State Parkway north from Woodbridge Township from I95 connection going all the way up to 87?
7 REPLIES 7

502monte
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like I will try 202 to 287 to 87. Thanks for the info.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
:S

Just a thought but why would you not just head due north somehow to 84 and cut across to 87, avoiding that huge cluster#/=รท to the east of you?

Personally I avoid NJ at all costs, and NY too if possible but its kind of hard doing that going from western PA to say....Vermont lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
camperfamily wrote:
Second watching the clearance of the overpasses on the north part. Some of the OUTSIDE lanes have as little as 12' 6". Note - that's sometimes both the right and left lanes.

Avoid the concern by taking I-287 north to I-87. That's my preference, use it all the time as I just don't like the parkway.

Agree! This will add some mileage, but the northern end of the gsp simply sucks. Skinny lanes and very congested. The only issue with 287 is going through the Morristown / Parsippany area during rush hour.

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
You'll be fine on the GSP. Stay in the middle lane. I dislike 287. YMMV.

camperc
Explorer
Explorer
I agree 287 is the way to go The clearance of overpasses leave a little comfort zone
Camperc
Cliff and Francine
Ma.
MH 2015 Winnebago vista 36y Ford Triton V10
TD 13 GMC Terrain V6
Good Sam Life Member

camperfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Second watching the clearance of the overpasses on the north part. Some of the OUTSIDE lanes have as little as 12' 6". Note - that's sometimes both the right and left lanes.

Avoid the concern by taking I-287 north to I-87. That's my preference, use it all the time as I just don't like the parkway.
2011 Cougar 322QBS
2007 Pilgrim 278BHSS (Sold)
2023 F359 CCLB 7.3
2013 F350 CC LB 6.7 (Retired)
2002 F350 CC LB PS (Retired)
B&W Companion Hitch

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. Just watch the clearance in the right lanes. Get an EZPass or the tolls will drive you nuts.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox