cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nova Scotia in July without reservations?

cdbinns
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Nova Scotia in July and prefer to travel without reservations. We have a truck camper and are fine with boondocking or camp sites with minimal services. We will be exploring the entire province and will be there for roughly two weeks. Will we have significant issues with finding places to stop if we do not have reservations? We prefer provincial and national parks, but are ok with commercial campgrounds as well. Any advice or input is appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
We traveled (me in a 17' trailer & friends in a tent) in June & July, 2013 with no reservations except a 4 day stop at Ponderosa Pines Campground in Hopewell Rock, NB. We did sometimes call ahead in the morning for a pair of sites for that evening, but rarely needed to.

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
So many places to stop for the day. My Parents live in Amherst so we usually park on their driveway and use that as home base, but we have had no issue with getting parking lots, sugar woods, and vacant land overnights. Other than a couple big camp grounds we have never had an issue getting a spot to stay for a night or 2.
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Agree, if you're willing to ramble the varied roads, there are good places to boondock. I too have a TC.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

hclark
Explorer
Explorer
We traveled New Brunswick and Nova Scotia from Mid June to Mid July last summer. We have a 32 foot class A with a toad. We did not have trouble finding a place to stay. We rarely made a reservation, and when we did it was usually only a day ahead.
If you are going to be near Halifax during the week they have the Tattoo, its worth a visit. Half price tickets are sometimes available for the Tattoo on week days. We stayed at Shubie park in Dartmouth, across from Halifax. Got a reservation the day before because it was going to be over Canada Day.