cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon's 227 out of Canyonville?

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
Strongly considering using this route to get over to 62 to head to an RV park in Prospect. 37' gas Winnebago pulling a CR-V. Anyone have any experience on this route?
2 REPLIES 2

aerbus32
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the reply. Yesterday we drove as far as Tiller in the dinghy. Saw the construction signs. Talked to a local and at the ranger station. My biggest reason for concern was that on Monday we had gotten to within 10 miles of Prospect on 62 when the air quality due to the fires got to my wife. I saw a sign on that end of 227 that reminded me of those in California that warn of size restrictions. Saw nothing like that on yesterday's drive. While I would prefer to avoid going back down 5, I do hate to be the guy in the RV getting in everyone's way on a two lane road.

Thanks again!

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Highway 227 Trail to Canyonville: Highway 227: Construction is occurring from milepost 43 - 44 as they widen lanes. Slide mitigation work is also happening. Expect delays up to 20 minutes with flaggers out.

Highway 227 is a paved logging road essentially. CLOSED to commercial trucks over 35 feet, (except logging trucks hauling by permit), from Trail in Jackson County to Tiller in Douglas County. There are number of SHARP hairpins that standard 53 foot trailers will never be able to safely negotiate. http://www.rogueweather.com/index.php/road-conditions-passes

That being said it depends on your driving comfort level.

Came over it about three weeks ago on a Saturday morning and the construction area was pretty rough. In all reality it isn't that bad of a road. I would guess there is about 15 miles that are fairly crooked, but nothing for much for my concern. But then I am only a little over 30 foot and no toad.