cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon to Mount Rushmore

RuthieT
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling from Oregon to Jackson, Wyoming to Yellowstone for 4 nights and then onto Mount Rushmore for another 3-4 days. What would be a good route to get back to Oregon?? What all sights to you recommend to not miss.
4 REPLIES 4

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on what part of Oregon you are aiming at, for the return trip take US 20 (as previously described, then also from the Ontario area across Oregon), or you could head north from the Black Hills on I-90 to Missoula, then across Lolo Pass on US12 (beautiful drive) to Lewiston.

If you take the latter route, you may want to allow a day to visit the Little Bighorn National Battlefield. Some very interesting tours there, a couple decent CGs nearby.

x2 on Devils Tower! And on Craters of the Moon if you use US20.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What part of Oregon?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

RuthieT
Explorer
Explorer
We will be leaving home July 6th and giving ourselves up to 2.5-3 weeks.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Welcome to RV.net!
Depends on where you are starting from. What kind of time are you planning for the trip? When on you planning on starting?
Visit Craters of the Moon US 20 north of Boise Take off on US 20 from I-84 near Gooding, Reconnect to I-15 near Idaho Falls and proceed east to Jackson.
Devil's Tower Wyoming off I-90 near Sundance.
Crazy Horse monument West of Rushmore near Deadwood and another great place to visit.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker