cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking the truck in San Francisco

mamasmax
Explorer
Explorer
In a couple weeks my wife and I are keeping our 10 year old grandson over spring break and taking our fiver to Petaluma. Among our excursions will be a day trip to S. F. and I'm a little nervous about parking my crew cab long bed pickup. It's been many years since I've been there and have no idea what kind of parking might be available. We'll probably take him to the usual spots like the Wharf or Pier 39 and I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions.
20 REPLIES 20

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We parked at an outlying BART station parking lot that was about completely empty on the weekend and took BART into the city. Public transportation was perfect for us.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
On our last visit we tried to use Bart. Could not find any parking at several we tried. All filled by 9am or earlier during the week. Ended up parking at the triangle open lot on Fishermans Wharf.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
There is Golden Gate bus service from Petulama to San Francisco. The cable car takes you to Fisherman's Wharf. A ten-year old ought to like the cable car ride.

A Bus may seem slow, but trying to park and rent a car probably takes even longer.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been there done that many times. Depends on where you go in San Francisco. There are parking garages at Pier 39 but get there early, like around 8-8:30 am. Other places have parking associated with the facility like the Bay Model, Ft. Mason, etc. Other options are to use the ferry system from Sausalito, or if you opt to come in from the East Bay just ride BART. Concord/Martinez BART station has always had plenty of parking even for crew cab duallys. One other option would be to camp in the Delta and drive to the first BART station, typically Pittsburg/Bay Point. Rio Viento is an incredibly nice RV park in the Delta and about a half hour drive to the BART station.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
That will be tuff. Have you considered renting a small car with a deal to park the truck there?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots of garages, but I couldn't find any surface day rate lots when we were there last year. Could take a ferry if you can't find anything.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000