cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pennsylvania Route

The_Works
Explorer
Explorer
We are driving a 37" diesel motorhome with tow travelling east ward from Ohio on I80 heading to Kane PA. Going toward Kane I can leave I80 at exit 60 near Clarion PA onto PA 66 or keep going to exit 80 near Brookville PA onto PA 36/899 or keep going and exit at exit 90 onto US 219 near DuBois PA. Exit 90/US 219 I'm thinking since its a US highway would be a better road to Kane but it is the longer distance of the three choices. My question is, is PA 66 or PA 36/899 suitable roads (sharp curves, large hills, blind spots, potholes) for our motorhome to be travelling on? Thanks and be safe!
3 REPLIES 3

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
One of the problems I see here in PA is that PennDOT builds their guard rails out from the sides of the back country roads almost to the edge of the pavement. So a lot of drivers hug the center line too much.

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same as We Can Wait.....drove a semi up and down that way a lot. I 80 TO 66. You really need to be careful when traveling in PA because there are some twisting, hilly back roads for sure. 66 is a pretty easy road to Kane.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Spent 7 years dragging a 53' semi trailer up and down Rt66 with no issues. Yes there's hills, curves etc, but it's a main truck route so it's nice and wide and well maintained. Have also run up and down 948 from 219 in Ridgeway, but 948 is a bit tougher a run.