cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pics from our Alaska trip

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I tried on another post that wound up in the tech help and support forum so hopefully the mod will have mercy on me and allow me to post a few here.

Mama and cub playing on the beach

Large male (about 800 lbs)

Eagle in flight

Eagle near tree

Mom and cub clamming

All of these were taken at Lake Clark National Park. We stayed at the Silver Salmon Creek Lodge. Awesome place.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
9 REPLIES 9

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow!! Great photos. Thanks for posting them!!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! Here's a few more:

Cub

Mom and cub on beach

Sparring bears

Click For Full-Size Image.

The beach

Click For Full-Size Image.

Oh, and if some of you wonder why I fly, well this is it!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty nice pictures...looks (to me anyway) like you captured the "I'm the big guy" attitude of the male as well as the "It's all fun until you mess with my baby" attitude of the sow. Great eagle pictures as well.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beautiful pictures.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Johnny G1 wrote:
You are not a threat to those Bears but you would be a supper for them in a heartbeat, you do not co-exist with those animal's. Just my thought's, best think about it for a moment because that's all the time you would have. Nice pics though.

Yes, you can co-exist. This isn't a Yellowstone-type situation-it's a whole different ball game, hard to explain. Could they eat you in a heart beat? Yes, they could but since they don't view humans as a threat they rarely show any form of aggression. The area is heavily monitored by a bear biologist and the park service, the lodge is licensed/monitored as well and any sign of any issue will result in the lodge losing it's license plus all day bear viewing tours being stopped.

Douglas Adams

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe, your photos are wonderful!! I'll play them over and over in my mind just before I fall asleep--it's nature at its best with the babes with their mothers. Very frameable photo art.

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
You are not a threat to those Bears but you would be a supper for them in a heartbeat, you do not co-exist with those animal's. Just my thought's, best think about it for a moment because that's all the time you would have. Nice pics though.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Eric! We are very thankful for long range lenses! Although the bears did get fairly close a number of times. They do not perceive humans as a threat so all co-exist quite nicely.

Douglas Adams

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Nice, great photos :C

โ€ฆ Eric