cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinery Provincial Park closed again

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
It’s happening again. “Individuals” have blockaded the park entrance and all visitors have been asked to leave. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/pinery-park-indigenous-protest-1.4583161
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley
26 REPLIES 26

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
curious why they aren't arresting people. if I loiter I get arrested. that said as long as they are being peaceful and letting me in im ok with it.

The answer is simple. I have a relative who is an OPP officer and they have been told to take a "hands off" attitude regarding natives.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Not until the Harris government shot that fellow at ipperwash. Think the fact that we gave them the entire park for it even though they were in the wrong set the worst precedent possible. its ok though my uncles best friends sisters kids babysitter bought a dog from a breeder who when to school with the sister of a guy whos great great grandfather had roots near wheatley so im moving in this weekend. Want to come?
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
curious why they aren't arresting people. if I loiter I get arrested. that said as long as they are being peaceful and letting me in im ok with it.

Guess you didn't see this movie?

One Dead Indian

The Ontario .gov has always acted like they are walking on glass regarding Native land claims.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
There was a news article today about a local who went camping there this weekend. It seems that they are letting you in to camp still. I think the online reservations are still blocked so you would have to show up at your own risk. Not sure how comfortable I would be though. The situation could escalate anytime and the police are no help.

Article before his stay.

Article after his stay.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Long weekend coming up. As political as I'm going to be about it.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I have a major family camping trip booked here in June, they need to get this handled. if I pulled this **** id get arrested.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
There is a election coming up ,but you have to actually be in his district before he cares what you write
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
When i heard this this morning, i could not believe it. When will this BS end. When will Ontario Parks/ OPP / Ontario Government grow some nads and say enough is enough, get out or get arrested. I have no issues with someone protesting, but, stand near the entrance like any other protestors would do, and wait to see if someone honks in support ( don't hold your breath). If anyone else did this, we'd be behind bars with a lighter wallet. My thoughts are, take your trailer, and your signs, go home, than tomorrow go out and get yourself a job, than someday down the road you can actually buy a piece of land with your own money, not tax payers, and set up there ..... like all of us taxpayers do everyday, than when we can, go to this park, pay incredibly high rates, and enjoy family time!
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully this will not end in tears, and all involved are satisfied
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, why bother to protest when it’s cold out and there’s nobody to see you picketing.

I sold some property to the Government back in 1986 for nearly a million dollars less than it’s worth today, maybe I should blockade it and ask for more money now.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
More historical info.

http://www.lakeshoreadvance.com/2014/10/30/maynard-t-george--attempts-to-repossess-the-pinery-park
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)