Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinery Provincial Park ...... CLOSED!

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
This is posted on the Ontario Parks - Pinery Website

A few individuals have informed the Ministry of their intent to prevent access and take possession of Pinery Provincial Park. Ontario Parks will continue talks with the individuals in an effort to resolve the matter.

The park is closed to the public for camping and day use opportunities until further notice. Public safety remains our first priority and will guide our operation of the park.

Please continue to check back for updates.

Not sure about anyone else, but i'm really getting darn tired of this stuff. Utterly rediculous. A couple years back, they brought this old piece of **** trailer and put it in the parking lot, staking their claim ..... it's still sitting there, rotting away, an eyesore to a beautiful park. Not sure why our Ontario Government puts up with this stuff!
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite
28 REPLIES 28

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Protesting is one thing, protesting in cold winter weather with nobody around is a whole other thing!

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Posted on Pinery Website tonite that camping is open again! Thank goodness, been waiting all year to do the New Years Eve weekend

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
we're going through the same nonsense over on the west coast.i'm getting really tired of driving 50 to 100 kilometers down a forest service road only to hit a roadblock in the middle of nowhere.happened to us twice this summer.2 provincial parks are unaccessable due to "land claims".
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the update.
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Three weeks to go till New Years ....latest on the park is, it's now opened for day use, not for Camping. I guess Ontario Parks feels their no safety issues for day use folks who come in, spend a rediculous amount of money to enter the park for the day. This is to cover lost revenue i guess, since there are no campers, no need for excessive staff to clean bathrooms etc. I called the reservation number yesterday( Sunday), asked what the latest is on the park, he had no answers because it's a Sunday. Ontario Parks is being kind enough and giving people who have a reservation a "full" refund! Isn't that nice of them, they are waving the cancellation fees they usually charge! Today, if i have time, am going to call back, and get a phone number for someone who can actually answer my questions, i know the person on the phone yesterday was just doing his job ....but to be honest, i am really getting pissed over this whole situation, it's just not right!
First off, they are of Indian Descent.... there, i said it. Ontario Parks cannot even state that on their website. It's voodoo or something. They believe their forefathers owned the land, well guess what, my forefathers came to Canada hundreds of years ago, were farmers, worked the land down here in SW Ontario, that doesn't mean i need to get everyone off what was one time our property, well, at least we think so. Grow some nads .... go in there and tell them it's time to go. The people who actually work here in Ontario, pay rediculous taxes, pay outrages prices to use the park want to use it. If you or i did this, we'd be in jail right not, or atleast paying a fine. Secondly, if they want to protest, let them, they are at thefront, it's only 3 guys, they don't seem to be doing any harm. We can still use the campground ....isn't that why you have security people driving around in Dodge Chargers thinking they are Robocop ..... case n point, last New Years Eve one stopped at a Yurt across from ours, we thought he knew them, he started getting into a heated discussion about their music, which was no way loud ( i hate when someone camping plays music loud), when he left i went over to them to let them know we did not complain about their music. If this guy feels he needs to be Supercop, than let him do his job and protect us against any Indian attacks! Give me a break. Thirdly, on offering a full refund, i said to the guy yesterday, why is it if we have to cancel, we have to pay a fee? Of course, just doing his job .... sorry, we are only able to offer a full refund. Thse are the same people who, when my brother was dying in a Hospital In Detroit on the long August weekend, and i came home to take a few hours break, an call up to cancel my reservation, i was told since i was supposed to have arrive yesterday (Thursday ), i would have to call the park directly, even after explaining the situation ..... glad i cancelled my camping trip, my brother passed that evening, was able to spend the day with him. Was also lucky it's a Provincial Park we visit frequently, as the woman their knows us, and cancelled the reservation with full refund. I kept a few vacation days to use for the weekend coming up, made changes in what would have been family get togethers etc during the holidays, made arrangements for a person to cover me at work for the few days ahead that we will be there. This is a huge inconvenience, not just for me, but for everyone else involved .... but oh wait, Ontario Parks is kind enough to offer a full refund for cancellation! Thats BS!

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
rickm wrote:
Seems to be a real touchy subject when someone discusses ....... Heck, i dont even know how to say it politely. All i know is, if you and i dragged a piece of **** trailer and stuck it on the front lawn of the Pinery and protested, we'd have or butts in jail! I pay taxes, i go to work every day, i had parents, and grand parents and great grand parents that did too ....and i'm sure, somewhere down the road, they were taken by someone....well, thats them, not me. These people have no connection to this land, and someone needs to grow some NADS and tell them to take there **** trailers ( ya both), get out, and let the people who pay to use this wonderful park enjoy it. You got Ipperwash, and you proved exactly what most want to say but don't. If the moderator is going to delete this because this is how i feel, well, go ahead, i'm tired of this. Today it's the Pinery, whats next? Hopefully where the guy who deleted this camps .... than you can see how we feel!

Oh, but wait, go online and check out the picture of the three involved. The guy on the left is the one that parked a trailer in the park 2 years ago, was going to get his family involved in the park, was going to work to make it nice ..... has anyone ever seen this guy since? Heck no .... get a job like the rest of us!

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to be a real touchy subject when someone discusses ....... Heck, i dont even know how to say it politely. All i know is, if you and i dragged a piece of **** trailer and stuck it on the front lawn of the Pinery and protested, we'd have or butts in jail! I pay taxes, i go to work every day, i had parents, and grand parents and great grand parents that did too ....and i'm sure, somewhere down the road, they were taken by someone....well, thats them, not me. These people have no connection to this land, and someone needs to grow some NADS and tell them to take there **** trailers ( ya both), get out, and let the people who pay to use this wonderful park enjoy it. You got Ipperwash, and you proved exactly what most want to say but don't. If the moderator is going to delete this because this is how i feel, well, go ahead, i'm tired of this. Today it's the Pinery, whats next? Hopefully where the guy who deleted this camps .... than you can see how we feel!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Two political referenced posts have been deleted. All further political posts will be deleted per the forum rules.

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't hold my breath on this! On other disputes of 'this nature' logic seems to go right out the window.
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
BEST NOT GO THE WAY OF IPPERWASH! This is one of my favorite parks and nice and close for long weekend getaways. I don't understand the mindset here but I sure know how I would fix it.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
The government is still afraid of stirring the pot and having to enforce the law in fear of causing another uprising just like the situation in Caledonia years ago. Pathetic. Let the "individuals" disregard the law with no consequences and they'll continue.

The beautiful park is going to get run down and filled with burned out stolen wrecks just like Iperwash.

That will never happen to the Pinery .... one of Ontario Parks jewels! (plus a huge $ maker)

Never had been to Ipperwash before they took over, but my Dad told me it was a very nice park! Really is sad

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
The Kroc wrote:
Please keep us posted, thinking of going back there in June. One of our favorite spots in all of North America

Better not drag on .... we have a Yurt booked for New Years eve!

The_Kroc
Explorer
Explorer
Please keep us posted, thinking of going back there in June. One of our favorite spots in all of North America

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
The government is still afraid of stirring the pot and having to enforce the law in fear of causing another uprising just like the situation in Caledonia years ago. Pathetic. Let the "individuals" disregard the law with no consequences and they'll continue.

The beautiful park is going to get run down and filled with burned out stolen wrecks just like Iperwash.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley