cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Richmond VA to KOA West Chester-Philly

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Next Sun going to leave Richmond and go to KOA Philly-West Chester (35' MH with TOAD). We LOVE back roads. We avoid Interstates wherever possible. Small towns are great IOHO.

I'm thinking:
US 360 to Port Royal VA
US 301 to Annapolis and then Middleton DE
US 13/DE 7 through DE
DE/PA 7/82
PA 162 into the KOA.

Any pitfalls with this? Streets and Trips says about 5 hours...I guess 6. Thanks!!!
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
6 REPLIES 6

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Ok good, following 13 would have put you in downtown Wilmington and you might not have liked that.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks dblr...zooming in on Streets and Trips I now see what you mean.
Hickory, NC

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
In De. Rt. 13 does not go to Rt.7 you will have to take Rt.1 north to Rt.7 Just watch Rt.82 might have some low trees and is a road with a lot of curves. Have a safe trip.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Belgique wrote:
Thanks for the post! Did you go into Philly? If so, how did you do it? I see the CG has a tour there and to Amish country.

Yes, we did go into Philly. We drove in and parked at Independence Hall. From there you can use the PHLASH bus ($5 all day pass) to get to all the historical sites. There is quite a bit to see in Philly, and we've been there several times. We did not go to Amish country, just not enough time. We did go to Valley Forge and Fort Mifflin in addition to Philly.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the post! Did you go into Philly? If so, how did you do it? I see the CG has a tour there and to Amish country.
Hickory, NC

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We just left the West Chester KOA today. I can only comment on 162 as we came from the north. Not a bad road, easy to maneuver. I didn't like PA3. Lights everywhere, all poorly timed.

The cg is clean and the hosts very nice. The only negative is the sites are tight! There is a field for pull throughs and it looked like a sea of rv's. We had site 67, which was a 30 amp back in. Much nicer site, very private. Have fun!