cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road between Grand Canyon and Arches

ferrelldebbie
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering about some nice places to stop and picnic or sightsee between. Grand Canyon and Arches. Thanks!
16 REPLIES 16

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you go the 89 route consider North Rim and it would be a shame not to see Zion and Bryce as both are in my opinion more scenic than Arches. Various rigs take 12 so it shouldn't be a problem or you can backtrack to 89.

Or take 160 to Monument Valley and Valley of the Gods and on up to Arches. Good roads. Consider taking Hole In The Rock road at least as far as Devils Garden which is very interesting and unique. It's a gravel road.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
All sorts of places. You'll be coming up US 89, You'll hit Marble Canyon, Lee's Ferry there is a good picnic/stretch your legs spot. Then up to Page and the Glen Canyon Dam, across the UT line, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park will be on the left. Orderview has some excellent rock shops, don't buy anything when you see the place built into the rock formation wall, it's a ripoff. That place is before Orderville.

Then if you are taking the scenic route, turn off further along onto Ut 12 east. It has steep and winding road spots so be warned but it is -very scenic-. If you go that way you'll pass Bryce Canyon NP. Then pass Escalante State Park just before Escalante (good slot canyons in the area along with the Devils Backbone Drive), Then ahead is Anastazi State Park Museum at the town of Boulder. 12 ends at Hwy 12, to the left is Capital Reef NP turn right to go to I-70. Take I-70 east for about 30 miles and exit at US 191 south to Moab.

And if you don't want the scenic route stay on 89 to I-70 and then go east to 191.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper