cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road conditions I-81 and I-95

Salty_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Planning on driving to Myrtle Beach soon and am wondering on the road conditions on I-81 thru PA and I-95 in VA and south to SC. With the unusual amount of snow and ice, how are the roads? Thanks, Mike
Wife, kids, somebody else's kids, dog, kitchen sink

Cleverly disguised as an adult.
8 REPLIES 8

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
We came down I-81, I-77, and I-26 over to I-95 on the southern end in January, and other than laying over a couple of nights to avoid storms, the roads were fine. We've just started a slow trek back north (currently in GA), and I'm not seeing any indications online that the roads will have anything more than the usual construction spots here and there.

Say Hi to Lonnie,Steph and Dotty for us.....Flower & Weed
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mike Taverniti wrote:
81 North of Harrisburg rough. After that 81 is good. 95 in VA, NC and SC good.
It seems that they are Always working on 81 somewhere in Pa, in fact, the only thing I see accomplished since 1969 is, they move the cones to a different area.
As much truck traffic as 81 gets in Va., it still seems like less traffic than 95.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
81 North of Harrisburg rough. After that 81 is good. 95 in VA, NC and SC good.

mguay
Explorer
Explorer
We ran 95 south a week ago and it was better than expected! Nothing major...not even anything minor really! The worst conditions we encountered were the usual CT to NJ border...but that will have no effect on you. As far as 81....my In-Laws go that route and they went north in the beginning of March and said there were wheel sized pot-holes everywhere!
2007 Volvo VNL 780 D12/Ultra Shift Singled
2017 Smart Fortwo Prime Cabrio
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3715FB

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We came down I-81, I-77, and I-26 over to I-95 on the southern end in January, and other than laying over a couple of nights to avoid storms, the roads were fine. We've just started a slow trek back north (currently in GA), and I'm not seeing any indications online that the roads will have anything more than the usual construction spots here and there.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You can use 511PA to check road, weather and construction on I-81.
Don't be surprised if you run into road construction and repairs in PA. It's an ongoing process.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Around Scranton on I-81 there are a few bridge repair and some delays at times.Contact PENN DOT for beam delivery days or possible delays on I-81.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Havent been out this season yet but by judging by the amount of truck traffice heading north on I95 tells me the roads are just fine.

Both I81 and I95 roads are loaded down with heavy truck traffic. A nightmare for us even with our smaller OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer.

We usually do a round-robin to Myrtle Beach area down I95 then come back through Gatlinburg TN and then using I81 back home to Virginia.

At least two times a year

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS