cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinewoods&Gulf Coast Texas

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2014 RV summer trip will start from St.Louis (we stored the rig there at the end of 2013 RV trip in October))visiting Missouri-Arkansas-ending the trip in Houston in October.
Would like your suggestion on "must see" places from Texarkana to Houston (Outdoors,hikes,natural hot pools,music)
Thanks
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website
2 REPLIES 2

sigbowman
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of years ago, we very much enjoyed camping in Galveston Island State Park. Our RV was parked just a sand dune away from the beach. A nice hiking trail in the state park, the beach and a lovely seafood dinner in the nearby city of Galveston made this a memorable stay. The drive from Houston to Galveston Island was no problem for our 30-foot motorhome with tow car. It's a good idea to make reservations for the RV park.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
For sure Tyler State Park; campsites around a beautiful little lake. Trails up and down the hills and through the pine forest. Hiking or bikeing. The largest town in Northeast Texas just 10 miles away with some great places to visit as well as some nice restaurants.

Daingerfield state park is a close second. Same small lake and great trails. Only very small towns nearby.

Tyler has full hookups. I think Daingerfield does, but I'm not sure.

We live 20 miles from Daingerfield and 40 miles from Tyler (state parks) and we have an annual pass. We will be going over to Tyler with our RV next week.

So many people think they have been to Texas when they come across I-40 between Oklahoma and New Mexico. It is good that you know there is an entirely different side to Texas than that.