cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roads to Hopi Cultural Center in Navajo Nation AZ

GPs
Explorer
Explorer
We plan to visit NM and AZ in October for the first time and thinking we may want to go to the Mesas to cultural center in Navajo Nation. It appears there may be two routes. Advice and road conditions info? We will be in our truck camper.
G & G P
2000 Ford F250
2000 Lance 1030
3 REPLIES 3

GPs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for those helpful replies--including the information from advance search!
G & G P
2000 Ford F250
2000 Lance 1030

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
First, the Cultural Center near the mesas is on the Hopi Nation Reservation not the Navajo. Yes, the roads are paved and suitable for any vehicle, but the shoulders are nonexistent in some places. Watch for dogs, horses, cows and pedestrians on the roads. You don't want to buy fuel/gas on the Hopi Reservation$$$$$$. Navajo Reservation prices are much better.

We've been to the Hopi Nation Reservation scores of times over the last twenty years. Suggest the Navajo Taco at the Hopi Cultural Center. The cultural experience of eating there is much better than the food.

Suggest you do some Internet research on visiting the Hopi Nation regarding rules of conduct etc.

You can also find a long comment by me by doing an Advanced Search on this forum using Keyword "Hopi" and Thunder Mountain as Message Author. Pay special attention to my comments about driving, especially regarding drunk drivers. Put all your cultural biases aside and enjoy yourself.

PM me for specific answers to questions you might have after doing some more research.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
We drove up from Winslow last fall, but all the major roads into First and Second Mesa are paved roads, suitable any type of vehicle travel.

BTW, eat at their restaurant why you are there.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.