Has anyone ever spent the night there?
Just womdering how it is for RV's
Thanks for any help
2007 GMC Envoy Denali
5 REPLIES 5

brooks379
Explorer
Explorer
It is just a place to park and you need to get in there early like 4 or 5 pm because it will fill up with semis fast in the pm...Both the Flying J's south of Roanoke in Wytheville have a lot more parking even if you can't get in their limited RV parking area you can find a place for the night.

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Handbasket wrote:
About 75 miles further south, there's a Flying J at exit 77 off I-81/77. There are always RV's overnighting there in the 4 or 5 RV spots or the restaurant parking lot (Denny's). It's pretty quiet most nights, tho' I did see a deputy make a no-drama arrest there this past Sunday evening when I stayed there. That's the one 'event in the 12-15 nights I've stayed there. They even turned off the shower announcement PA on that side of the building.

Don't confuse this with the FJ a few miles to the north, which had no RV parking the one time I pulled in there a few years back.

Jim, "I'm retired. Go around me."

Hi Jim there is also a no frills campground (Can't think of the name) also behind the northern Flying J within 1/2 Mile or so on Rt 52 south

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
About 75 miles further south, there's a Flying J at exit 77 off I-81/77. There are always RV's overnighting there in the 4 or 5 RV spots or the restaurant parking lot (Denny's). It's pretty quiet most nights, tho' I did see a deputy make a no-drama arrest there this past Sunday evening when I stayed there. That's the one 'event in the 12-15 nights I've stayed there. They even turned off the shower announcement PA on that side of the building.

Don't confuse this with the FJ a few miles to the north, which had no RV parking the one time I pulled in there a few years back.

Jim, "I'm retired. Go around me."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World is the next exit south.

Roanoke Travel Center rather small & lots of big rigs, live near the area, never really saw too many RVs there. There is a small Cracker Barrel at that exit also, don't know if that one allow overnight stays.

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I stay at CW when going through Roanoke. They have water, free dump and go price on LP on certain days. I have also been offered electric on occasion.