cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Call 2015 On The Road

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
Figured since we have limited WiFi would due kind of an up-date on our movement North.
Went from Ft Macleod, AB to Edmonton AB, then on over to Dawson Creek BC. Mile Post "O". Spent today seeing some really interesting things about how they built this road. Won't go into details since most of you have been through here many times. Took our picture at Zero "O" mile, saw the Alaskan Road House and the curving bridge. Will move on toward Ft Nelson tomorrow.
Fuel price around $1.10 here (Gas). Staying at Mile "0" RV park. $37.00 per-night full hookups. Lots of sites.
Not seen any Roll Call 2015 signs so everyone must be ahead of us already because we are not driving that fast. But we are watching for them.
Be safe, enjoy your trip, honk if you do pass us.

Dave/Lynn
35 REPLIES 35

Dog_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Came up with 11 Labradors getting ready for duck season down south.

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
That's one fancy highfalutin dog box. Don't see those up here!
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
Good looking rainbow. What are you doing with a dog box on in the summer? LOL I always found my team to be just work for me in the summer months. At one time I had 29 running dogs and probably that many pups. Sure fun when there is snow on the ground and the creeks and rivers become ice highways.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

Dog_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I made it to North Pole for the summer, crossing at Sweetgrass. Got the extreme search, partly for 11 dogs, but mainly interested in my CC permit and gun habits.
The forum road reports were spot on, and saw a few roll call signs. The last 200 miles in Canada is terrible- be prepared to go slow and save your equipment.
The one thing I found crazy, was the folks you'd see coming for miles in rear view, would finally catch me, then just ride my bumper for awhile. Why someone wants to block that view with back of camper is beyond me
Took this pic last night, taking it as good omen for rest of summer.
Safe travels

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good thing to follow is to drive on the top half of your tank and then fill up. Don't try to wait it out for a better price. This is not a cheap vacation so just go with the flow.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

trcgolf
Explorer
Explorer
trcgolf wrote:
We are taking off tomorrow morning at 8AM...god willing
Been planning this for so long it almost seems anti climatic.
We have our Roll call sign in the rear window. Honk if we are driving... stop in for a beer if we are camped.
Good travels

We are in Glasgow MT and expect to hit Sweetgrass on Friday...plan is to rest up near Glacier NP.
Spectacular scenery for us easterners... Animal count begins...Buffalo near Teddy Roosevelt NP; and Pronghorn up near Circle MT. Better than anticipated so far.
2013 GMC 2500 HD
6.0 L Crew 4x4
Crossroads Zinger

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
CORRECTION ON Fuel Price in Ft Nelson. Not $1.55 but $1.23 per liter. Think I was still in fear of running out of gas, but at that point would have paid just about whatever.
After getting into RV site re-read Mile Post book. Should have done that instead of reading all the brochures of things to see. Would have known about the no gas available. Oh well, live and learn.....

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
On the road North up-date:
Made it to Ft Nelson yesterday. I need to pay attention to gas gage. Came into town on flumes and sweating bullets. Last fuel heading north was Pink Mountain, I had just over half tank. Since there were couple more spots north figured get gas there. WRONG Answer. They were ether closed or no gas. And when filling up, yep, gas was $1.55 per liter. OUCH... but heck can't take it with us so spending kids inheritance and don't sweat the small stuff.
The Triple G RV park is not a bad place. Has an RV wash which we took advantage of. WiFi is a little slow. FRENDLY people. Sites are pretty level with full hookups and cable. We are spending two nights to recover from stress of driving without gas. Will head out for Watson Lake tomorrow morning.

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
Chopper Hopper, if you stop at the RV park on the north end of Ft. Nelson, say hello to Wally and Donna for us. She works in the office and he drives gravel trucks during the summer. Tell her you are doing sausages on the grill and she can come and look at them!

Bob, that's the RV park we are sitting in right now. Triple G RV park. Told Donna about your message and now got to wonder what secret message was there. She got this "Big grin/smile" on her face, so kind of makes me wonder?????? (LOL)

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
I made it to Dawson City yesterday after being on the road a month. Of course it's a long way from South Texas, plus I made several stops along the way in Yellowstone, Waterton Lakes, Banff and Jasper. Snowed everywhere I went but finally let off in Jasper and the weather has been great ever since. Mid 70's in Dawson City (no guarantees though.) Mosquitoes? They started showing up in numbers in Dawson Creek.
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chopper Hopper, if you stop at the RV park on the north end of Ft. Nelson, say hello to Wally and Donna for us. She works in the office and he drives gravel trucks during the summer. Tell her you are doing sausages on the grill and she can come and look at them!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I remember when we were "breaking trail" two years ago right where you are at Chopper. I was excited the entire time just to finally be making the trip of a lifetime! It never lost its wonder and awe for me. I wrote a daily blog and often go back and read where we were and what we did. You will love it!

Good luck on your journey!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Skeeters? Try not to camp in deep woods or near standing water. We last went in 2009 it had been a dry year and we had no problems with mosquitoes. It seems this year will be about the same. Fires might be the problem this summer because of the extreme dryness.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing any skeeters? I'll be tent camping so am kind of wondering if I'll get back alive.

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
There's a steady stream of RVs heading north by our place now. Lots of rentals in the area too. You'll have lots of company.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!