cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roswell nm RV friendy gas stations

rjw_manvel
Explorer
Explorer
Is the gas station at 6111 s main in Roswell NM easy to use with a 38 foot MH,with toad.The phone number on gas buddy is not a good number,thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
bradnailer wrote:

We are through there often and I don't remember seeing a gas station at the Walmart.

On Google maps, it sure looks like they have a 6 bay awning for gas pumps at the corner as one turns off N. Main. With a few cars parked getting fuel.

:S On second look, it is next to Walmart, but it is a Sam's Club. Even better for me. I like Sam's Club.

4400 N Main St Roswell, NM 88201
(575) 627-9852
Seems to be the only Sam's Club in NM with Diesel
A Neat :C Clicky for finding Sam's Clubs

Jim Shoe wrote:
If a little green man comes out to pump gas for you, RUN!

:B Jim, Any Green Men have been taken to 'Area 54' a long time ago. Ya'd be Safe getting Gas there, at least from Green Men.

However, I might Faint if anyone came out to pump gas for me. But To Run might be the thing to do, it could very well be a holdup. Unless you have your Six Shooter with ya!
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
There is a really nice new Allsups at East College and North Grand Avenue, just east of NMMI. This is the best one in town in my opinion.

We are through there often and I don't remember seeing a gas station at the Walmart.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
If a little green man comes out to pump gas for you, RUN!
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier this year (early spring), we found gas off US 380 (W. 2nd St) & S. Sycamore Ave. when we were driving from the Clovis area (on US 70) on the way to Ruidoso. We turned right (East) from the Relief Route onto W. 2nd St.

There is a Conoco on right side at the intersection & an Allsups (Phillips 66) with open area with gas pumps on the left side of the intersection should have enough room. Conoco would work I believe.

We used the Conoco, I believe. We were towing a U-Haul car hauler with our F150. Nothing as long as your rig, but I believe you would be ok there.

I checked on Google maps. Couldn't find a 6111 S Main. Only showed a 6111 SE Main with nothing there at all. It's out in the country & in US 285 going down to or from the Carlsbad area.

There is a S Main but nothing came up with the 6111 address.

At SE Main & Poe intersection (US 285) there is an Allsups (Phillips 66), just passed a McCoy Lumber Yard. Should be able to get into it & out without too much trouble.

A few blocks up US 285 northbound there is a Conoco (on the right) which should also work. Depending on traffic & how many are there.

A few more blocks up there is another Allsups (Phillips 66) but with smaller area with the pumps.

US 285 SE Main will take one right into downtown.

These are all on the South part of Town.

If crossing North & South. Might be a good idea at looking the Relief Route.

:C ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Walmart is on the North side of town at 4500 A North Main, Roswell NM 88201 575-623-2062. US 70. One could get to the Walmart using the US 70/285 W. Relief Route using W. Pine Lodge Rd NM 246.

However, the US 70 & US 285 Interchange is just north of the Walmart (about a mile or so). The W. Pine Lodge Rd (NM 246) takes one from US 70/285 by Walmart to the US 70 W. Relief Route. Also about a mile or so.

The US 70 & US 285 Interchange is where they break off from each other with an overpass. US 70 Southbound from Clovis crosses over the overpass, US 285 goes under.

:S I'd had used Walmart if I had know about it then. I just needed to get off at the overpass, then used Pine Lodge Rd to get back to the Relief Route.

Now I'll know, if I ever need gas over there again.
DesertHawk wrote:
Fuel Pumps not at Walmart. They're next to Walmart, at a Sam's Club. So one would need to have a Sam's Card.
4400 N Main St Roswell, NM 88201
(575) 627-9852
Even better for me. I like Sam's Club.
6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Diesel Available

Seems to be the only Sam's Club in NM with Diesel
A Neat :C Clicky for finding Sam's Clubs

If you are Northbound on US 285 from Carlsbad, I'd take the Relief Route ( a ByPass Route) south of Roswell somewhere. Then use Pine Lodge Rd to cut over to the Walmart. Then if wanting to continue on US 285 northbound or need to take US 70 toward Clovis keep on the US70/285 to the interchange.

If heading toward Ruidoso, go back via Pine Lodge then back to the US 70/380 intersection (stop sign) take a left.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help with your station, but I got diesel at the Walmart with no problems.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog