cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rt 441 from Cherokee NC to Georgia

kdrsas
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of taking rt 441 from Cherokee NC to Georgia with a 36 ft class a towing. Has anyone done this route and how is it. Time is not an issue. Thanks for any input

Kevin and Dodi
Kevin Dodi
2000 35' Holiday Rambler Vacationeer Class A
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Blue Ox anante 2
http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/dodi.carr/1/tpod.htmlBlack Lab Sam
8 REPLIES 8

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
ADAD437 wrote:
Horsedoc wrote:
What I am saying is that US441 does NOT go through or near Ashville

ok you are right, i didn't catch that.

Sorry about the confusion. He had asked about 441 to Georgia but didn't say where in Ga. and I should have said one of my favorite routes to/from Ashville is 441 but I connect with it south of Cherokee when south bound and off I10 in Fla northbound. Its a nice low key route all the way if you aren't in a hurry. I have driven 441 thru the National Park many times but not in my motorhome. Hope this makes more sense. I have senior moments now and then. ๐Ÿ™‚
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:

ok you are right, i didn't catch that.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
BillMFl wrote:
A little hilly and twisty below Ashville but nice drive all the way to I10 in Florida. Small towns along the way but light traffic. I use it often when not in a hurry.

You must be talking about another road. US441 goes across N Georgia (thru Athens, Commerce, Clayton) to Franklin and up thru Cherokee, across the mountains (thru the GSMNP)into Tennessee.
It does run the length of Georgia and into Florida.

horsedoc, i don't understand your comment but he is describing 441 but it is only minor hills and curves.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillMFl wrote:
A little hilly and twisty below Ashville but nice drive all the way to I10 in Florida. Small towns along the way but light traffic. I use it often when not in a hurry.

You must be talking about another road. US441 goes across N Georgia (thru Athens, Commerce, Clayton) to Franklin and up thru Cherokee, across the mountains (thru the GSMNP)into Tennessee.
It does run the length of Georgia and into Florida.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
One hill before Franklin... easy up and a little steep down. Nice road...No problem.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The real bad areas is between Gatlinburg TN and Cherokee NC in the Smoky Mtn areas...

Here is a good report for US441 from I85 North to North Carolina

US441 in North Carolina and Georgia

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS