cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from Nashville to Fort Myers bypassing Atlanta

dsgem
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for good suggestions to guide me from Nashville to Fort Myers via a route that avoids Atlanta. I'm traveling in a motorhome and have had issues getting through Atlanta in the past. Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES 8

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
petendoll wrote:
Yaj wrote:
We always stay on 65 through Birmingham. In Montgomery we take 80/82 to 231 through Dothan and on down to 10. 10 east to 19/27 south. Take 19 to 98 to 75 and your almost there!

I second this route. I have used it myself.

Yup, me too! And Deer Run is a real nice Good Sam park along the way if you need a stop along 231.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Hank,
You mean you skip my home town (Cincinnati)? The place where three states meet to cross over the Ohio River on a double decker bridge that has large chunks of concrete missing? BTW, its owned and maintained by Kentucky and named after a Kentucky Congressman named Brent Spence. Try saying "Brent Spence Bridge" three times really fast without spraining our tongue. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
petendoll wrote:
Yaj wrote:
We always stay on 65 through Birmingham. In Montgomery we take 80/82 to 231 through Dothan and on down to 10. 10 east to 19/27 south. Take 19 to 98 to 75 and your almost there!

That's the route we take from MI to Fl. Avoids Atlanta and Cinci. It adds less than 100 miles for us and is worth it.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We always use the bypass around Atlanta on our way from Chicago to Florida BUT last year we got caught in the left hand lane when we should have been in the right hand lane for the bypass and ended up going thru Atlanta. We made it BUT I prefer the bypass. Much easier driving; no sharp curves, minimal entrances/exits, and level ground.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Yaj on this. I've tried different hours, weekend days, through and around Atlanta. Doesn't matter. I-65 is a good road. And Pensacola is a good place to visit. Its home to the National Naval Aviation Museum on the base. If the Blue Angels are in town, they practice there, and there are grandstands to sit and watch. ITs open to the public.
And check out Seville Quarter nearby. Lots of restaurants and bars. Check out Rosie O'Grady's warehouse. It was my favorite when I was stationed at NAS Pensacola.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

petendoll
Explorer
Explorer
Yaj wrote:

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, There is no practical way to avoid Atlanta. I just stay on 75. Keep out of the right lane and flow with traffic. It will be a toss up of whether you will get in a traffic tie up or not.

I like 75 thru town more that taking the loop around town.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog