cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Russelville, AK

granny_6
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me about State Road 7 from Russeville, AK to Harrison,AK or US Highway 65? Is it ok to travel in 45' A class pulling a car?

Thanks for your help!
9 REPLIES 9

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
RoyF wrote:
You will be OK, because 18-wheel trucks use the road. There will be some tight turns, but watch the posted speed at each turn.
Doesn't OK represent Oklahoma...LOL
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We sometimes choose that route. Just be prepared for the very winding route and many, many slow curves. If you accept that as a scenic route you can enjoy it. If you are trying to make time, you will be frustrated.

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
Great motorcycle road!

It is fine for towing. Arkansas does a good job marking curves and declines so you should not have a problem. It is a beautiful area!
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
You will be OK, because 18-wheel trucks use the road. There will be some tight turns, but watch the posted speed at each turn.

granny_6
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. I did mean Arkansas!!! Mistakes happen when I try to do 3 things at one time!!

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
If I recall from a few years ago, that is a nice and scenic route, road surface not bad. But it is pretty winding along the northern half -- you won't make quick time, but you will be fine. But tired!
Look at it on Google Earth street view for some impressions.

Emptypockets
Explorer
Explorer
The northern end just south of Jasper AR is very steep & winding. If you go that way stop at the top (you will see a tower that is wood)on your right - look east north east that is the area my wife grew up in. When you leave there go down very carefully - I don't post this to scare you from using it but to make you aware of the road. Yes, there is one run away ramp near the bottom of the mountain just before Jasper, AR.
The Palmers

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
That happens alot with Arkansas... The proper two letter ID for Arkansas is AR but everyone thinks that is for ARIZONA which is AZ. AK is for Alaska...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the OP means Arkansas, not Alaska?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.