cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sacramento to Zion/Bryce Which Way To Get There

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds kinda lame I know, but anybody have any suggestions? We will head out June 9th. Most likely 2 weeks...
Last year we drove back to Washington DC drove south cut over to Needles then south down to Tucson. Speed up to coming back we took mostly Hwy80 from Indiana across then up to Sturgis SD then back down through Wyoming, Utah, Nevada on back home to Sac by Hwy80.
I guess what I'm trying to get it is from our perspective Hwy80 from Reno on through Nevada, and Utah sucks to high end. Oh lets not forget the whole time we were traveling through Wyoming it smelled like we were following a cattle truck and worst I've ever seen of flies, man they were everywhere you stopped !!
Never been on Hwy50 through Nv. Been all the way down 95 many years ago and wasn't much see along the way, coarse it was a hot lap to Vegas moving somebody..
So now to kinda set the picture I guess lol, any suggestions on routes to get there and once in the general vicinity of Utah headed to Zion and Bryce canyon area, what things to see , places to stop, places to stay, places to avoid.?
We have a small 24ft C MH. No toad , we might have a small 90 or 250 mc on back ? Still deciding on that part ?
So back to "Which way to get there from Sac etc".
Any particular campgrounds to try and line up , stay away from Or other places of interest along the way.
Already been to the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Hoover Dam, so no big deal about seeing them again..
Sorry for the winded post.. ๐Ÿ™‚
2 REPLIES 2

johnna
Explorer
Explorer
Stay with US-50 across Nevada and Utah to Salina UT. Pick up US-89 and travel south to UT 12 for Bryce and UT-9 for Zion. It will be very hot in Zion during June. Therefore, stay at higher altitude in a campground east of Zion and day trip into the park.

:C
2004 Ford 350 Super Duty 2W Dirve Long Bed PU
2008 327RLT Montana Mountaineer 35 ft. 5th wheel
2005 Alaska and other Trip Logs

Fiverwheel
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you have to get over the Sierra's and as you know, the quickest is 80. From Reno get on 50 toward Fallon and just keep going all the way to I-15 (Don't forget to stop at Great Basin NP as you come across on 50 to see the caves there.) South on I-15 to the cut off to Brice and Zion. You can even get to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon from there.
2006 34' Monaco Cayman