cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Townsend Tn to I-75 North

jlscjs
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at leaving Townsend, Tn going west to Maryville then north on US 129 to I-40, then to I-275 then north to I-75. How is traveling on this route I-275 through Knoxville towing a 35ft 5th wheel? Never been on I-275 and was wondering if anyone uses this route.
Retired and lovin it!!
2001 Coachman Royal 279SA 5ver
6 REPLIES 6

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the luxury of hitting k-ville after 9am when most of the heavy rush is over your intended 129-275-75 route is fine. Also, as mentioned about the GPS for lane info 129 to 275 is a short distance but you need to be in the 2nd lane from the right I believe. Things will split off to the right for Louisville up and over I 40. It is 55 mph thru there but you would never know it. Be careful and drive safely.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a GPS that will keep you in the right lane there are only two places that are litlle tricky. If memory serves - 40 to 275 north stay left and 275 to 75 north two exits one to north and one south, think north is second and then stay in left lane toward Lexington. Heavy traffic makes it difficult to change lanes so rush hour is difficult.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
I have taken the route you first mentioned many times with a 28' TT and zero issues. Granted not at rush hour but I try to avoid most major cities at rush hour. I see you are from Sharpsville, I make the trek from Richmond so your path will be pretty much dead on as ours. We will be headed that way in about 6 weeks.

jlscjs
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
x2 on rush hour thru knoxville. avoid it like your life depends on it, cuz it does. 129 is the most accident plagued rd in the area. It is busy most times of the day. patience is in order and caution a priority. I have pulled my 30 footer thru there at mid day. not bad but busy. I live here and have been on these rds many times.

would it make more sense to take I-140 across to I-75 and avoid 120 & 275 altogether? a little out of the way but might be worth it?
Retired and lovin it!!
2001 Coachman Royal 279SA 5ver

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on rush hour thru knoxville. avoid it like your life depends on it, cuz it does. 129 is the most accident plagued rd in the area. It is busy most times of the day. patience is in order and caution a priority. I have pulled my 30 footer thru there at mid day. not bad but busy. I live here and have been on these rds many times.

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Just don't during rush hour, otherwise shouldn't be a problem. If you're visiting Townsend, you may never want to leave.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor