cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

South Fork to Pagosa Springs

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
How is Hwy 160 between the 2 towns? Does it go over a pass at all?
Thanks!
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7
5 REPLIES 5

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We have been over Wolf Creek Pass several times towing a fifth wheel. We have never had a minute's trouble, but I do consider it one of the more "serious" passes in Colorado.

I respond to this because of the question, "Is there any pass at all?"

My answer would be "Yes, a pass to be prepared for." If you have experience towing in the mountains it should be no problem. On the other hand, I would not suggest this for a first solo experience.

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
I love that Bigfoot!
I'm actually doing research for my wife. She will be pulling the camper solo with a kid in the back seat. She is dropping me off in Denver and I will be riding the Colorado Trail and meeting her in Durango.
Yep, good wife.
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7

Tom_Trostel
Explorer
Explorer
If my rig can make it over the pass, so can yours.

minivan tv

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
It does go over Wolf Creek pass at about 11,000 ft. But going from South Fork to Pagosa Springs is the easier direction as far as the pull. It is longer and steeper on the Pagosa side. So your climb will be easier, but of course going down the other side will take some care to watch your speed. But you should have no problem if you keep it slow. There are two lanes down and two up on the west side so you can stay in the left lane and take your time without holding up traffic behind you.
US 160 is an RV pipeline during the summer months both directions.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, Wolf Creek Pass is between Pagosa Spgs and South Fork.
๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn