cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Southern Colorado Fires - Update (good news)

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Just heard that the highways (US 160 between South Fork and Pagosa Springs and CO 149 between South Fork and Creede) are back open, South Fork residents have returned home, and the local RV parks are back open. So if anyone had plans to go that way you should be OK. They do caution that the fire is still burning and there will still be fire equipment moving about on the highways and care should be taken.
But great news otherwise as no structures are known to be lost.
6 REPLIES 6

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Im in Fun Valley right now. We did evacuate and when we got back could not tell there had been a fire except for a little fire equipment. It now rains every day and gets very cool. Usually Fun Valley is packed with trailers at this point. I guess due to fire scare there is plenty of room to park rv.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

eldondo
Explorer
Explorer
Our plan is to head out to South Fork in 10 days. I never look forward to the 7 or 8 hour drive, but, I love it when we get there and get our little camp setup in our Son-in-law's back yard, aaahhh!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
pawatt wrote:
Now we can go to Fun Valley.

Yeah, we had been there 4 days of our planned 2 1/2 week stay when we had to evacuate. ๐Ÿ˜ž

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Now we can go to Fun Valley.
pawatt

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's great news! Thanks for the update -
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Good news! Thanks for the update. Sure is one heckuva early season in the western states. Be safe, everyone.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard