Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SR19 from Sutton, WV to Beckley, WV

Nholecek
Explorer
Explorer
We are in a 37' ft gas MH towing.

How is SR 19 vs going I79 to I77 in Charleston?
5 REPLIES 5

Nholecek
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone, hubby decided to stick to the highways. We did 77 when we headed up to MI so we know what we're getting to there ๐Ÿ™‚

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™ve been doing it for decades, multiple times a year in passenger vehicles, trucks and both C & A motorhomes.

Never thought it was any worse than dozens of other roads I run all the time.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
It's doable, it will be you and some cars and plenty of coal trucks. The road is not in the best of condition in some areas, but that is most of WVA's roads.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I assume you're talking about US 19, looks fine to me, it's generally a 4 lane rd, with cross traffic and stop lights, and probably lower speed limits, but then it's not an interstate so you would expect that sort of thing, many people enjoy using the old US routes vs Interstates, given that you have plenty of time and not in a big hurry.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
You will have enough pucker on the interstate in WV. No way I would drive a car that route just to avoid the tolls.

I lived there for five years so my comments are not based on looking at a map. I on e thought i would take that scenic route in a Class B. In 15 miles I bailed and went back to the interstate
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad