cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible mudslide

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Late last week a huge mudslide covered WA-530 between Oso and Darrington. This is a route from Snohomish County to WA-20 N. Cascades Hwy if you don't want to head all the way north on I-5.

So far 8 bodies have been pulled out with more likely to follow. A far sad situation for the folks in Snohomish County.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!
4 REPLIES 4

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
We live about 60 miles away as the crow flies. DH used to fish steelhead in the Stilly. At one time, in my back to the land era, I spent a lot of time looking for a home in the valley. This is so very tragic and very very sad. The folks that live upriver are very close knit and will help each other through this horrendous situation. DH use to work with a few guys from near Oso. Prayers and blessings to all.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Confirmed deaths are now 24. Watching local news is very, very sad. Please keep the families of the missing and the folks working up there on the recovery effort in your prayers. It's a taking a toll.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
This has been the number one story on our news as this area is so close to us. I'm watching the live news conference now, on a Canadian station, and they have announced there are 108 reports of missing people, very sad.
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
This is so unreal and so sad. I have an online "buddy" whose parents, daughter and daughter's fiance are among the missing. PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend