cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to Southern Georgia

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Will be heading I26 from Spartanburg, SC then I95 South to Kingsland, GA. Was on that stretch of I95 awhile back and it was terrible in SC with hitting all the concrete seam joints. Having the tires inflated for towing made it all the more noticeable. Looking at taking Hwy 25 from near Clinton SC running SE to I16 in Georgia then pick up I95S near Savannah. Anybody familiar with that route? Takes longer but probably more of a easy ride.
5 REPLIES 5

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the suggestions. We'll be able to stay off of I95 in SC. They really need to fix that stretch of road.

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
US25 in GA is now a 4 lane road with speed limits of 65 mph. Take it south from Augusta, bypass Millen and Sylvania and it will dump you on I95 just below the GA state line outside of Savannah, you will then have 3 lanes of I95 to FL.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look at these two routes:

I26 to just East of Columbia pick up 321 to I95 just in SC. Lots of cute little towns on 321 but a nice road otherwise.

or for more back roads across GA:
25 in Clinton, but in Greenwood pickup 221 which will take you into GA. In Louisville, GA switch to 1 which will take you to Jacksonville, FL.

Both work well for going to eastern FL. Other routes across GA are better for western FL including WDW.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
I would skip the interstate completely and use the US highway system and larger state roads when possible. GA can be very pretty this time of year.

Good suggestion!

:B
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I would skip the interstate completely and use the US highway system and larger state roads when possible. GA can be very pretty this time of year.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)