cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

U.S. Highway 17 Coastal Hwy from Savannah GA thru S Carolina

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
How is U.S. Highway 17 Coastal Highway from Savannah GA through South Carolina? I'm Driving 37" Class A with toad. We would be passing through mid March.

We have driven Hwy 1 up the west coast without issue. Similar drive?
Jack and Nina
4 REPLIES 4

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Never driven up the left coast, but have driven up both 17 and 13 on the east coast. Several times while towing our 35' TT and also not towing, we took it because I-95 was a parking lot and it was such an enjoyable drive, we started using it exclusively.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for the replies.
Jack and Nina

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just did that exact route coming home from Tybee Island. Worst part of the trip is the lights going through Mount Pleasant but it is not too long and you are out of it. Georgetown is better than it has ever been in a long time. Nice run from there to Murrells Inlet and then you start getting into the Grand Strand congestion. Not a bad road at that point just a bit crowded.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
It should be no problem at all for you. I took it going south several weeks ago with a 32' class C, and I don't recall any real difficulties or hardships.

The road is much less curvy and far more inland than CA route 1. You don't have ocean views, and indeed are generally a few miles or so from the shore. It's generally scenic-ish, but not spectacular in the way that much of CA 1 is.