cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US-65 Little Rock to Jackson MS

jtovosr
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody familiar with the road conditions on US-65 from Little Rock south to Jackson MS. & Campgrounds around Little Rock.
Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Maumelle is a nice little park as previous poster said.

The KOA is okay as long as it isn't raining.

Riverside RV Park is relatively new. It is parking lot "ish" but would do for overnight stop and you're close to some activities like Clinton Library

Camping near Little Rock, AR

jtovosr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, really appreciate your suggestions.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Traveled it a lot when my daughter moved to Biloxi just after my wife died, and she was closest family. Maybe 10 round trips in a year and a half.

Last time through there was construction (one side closed) for about the last fourth of the distance on I-530 going into Pine Bluff. That was almost two years ago, and even at "rush hour" there is not enough traffic at that end to make the construction zone a problem.

Trying the alternatives, I came to prefer I-530/US-65 to Lake Village, US-82 across to Indianola, US-49W/US-49 to Jackson. 49W/49 is mostly four-lane divided, but not limited access. US-65 down to Tallulah, then is slower road (lower speed limits and agricultural traffic on two-lane) with fewer services, and I-20 from Vicksburg to Jackson was the pits. Not the expansion strip problem people usually complain about, rather shallow dips and low humps that physically toss you around at highway speeds.

You'll find RV and trailer colonies all around Lake Chicot, I think a lot of snowbirds not looking for absolute warmth winter in the area.

I've stayed at KOA North Little Rock, would not want to be there during a heavy rain. If I'm stopping between NE Oklahoma and Little Rock, I'll do it out around Conway, or go all the way down to Pine Bluff. Little Rock is a little on the urban side for nice quiet RV parks, unless you are willing to be a bit outside, maybe 20-30 miles. Whichever direction you are headed, I suggest getting beyond Little Rock before stopping, so as to not be in the morning commuter flow.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
There's a real nice park in right outside of Little Rock, Maumelle COE. No sewer but real nice right on the Ark. River. Travel 165/65 all the time with our rig with no problems but it doesn't go to Jackson. It goes to Tallulah La. then I-20 east to Jackson. Poverty Point State Park in Delhi La just north of Tallulah is real nice.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have driven it a few times over the years and always found it to be a good road (towing fiver.) No real recent experience.

Campgrounds we use are KOA in North Little Rock and Pecan Park in Lake Village, Ark.