cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vax Passports

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

This post is intended as a heads-up to those heading north in the next while. If it is used to to comment on your particular beliefs..it will get taken down. Please try to respect the intent to our fellow travellers.

Vaccine Passports coming to BC and Quebec.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/343713/Restaurants-react-to-provincial-mandate-that-patrons-wil...

https://globalnews.ca/news/8133780/bc-proof-vaccination-program/

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
62 REPLIES 62

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
It’s your border Don. Do as you feel necessary to safeguard Canadians.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I carry a photo copy of my paper signed by the nurse at the clinic. I carry photo ID with matching name and address. A person who can read can look at me, compare the photo, look at the name and address, phone the clinic, track down the nurse, if they think I forged ze papers…

Do I care if someone looks at this info with their eyes and lets me in the hockey game? No I don’t care.

Do I care if government requires I produce a government issue card with a chip or stripe that some private sports venue runs through a scanner for my “verification”? As a matter of fact, yes I do.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
noteven wrote:
So this is like when countries require visitors be vaccinated against diseases like yellow fever, only different right?

Very much so.

We've been to several countries that require yellow fever vaccine (and we have it)...yet, we've never been asked to prove it. I'm sure at one time, they did check but it's really on the honor system that you have it and didn't fake having it.

I expect for a year or two, countries will be certain to check for it...then as things settle down, it will remain on the books but more and more often, they will forget to check for it.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Canadians pretty much feel our numbers are too high. They are much lower than those south of the border. I'm not sure our border should be open to non essential traffic.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Just an FYI,
I have deleted or edited posts with political trolling, as well posts with references to them also had to be deleted.

All subsequent political and trolling posts will be deleted.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
Sandia Man wrote:
I guess it would help but way too easy to make or acquire counterfeit cards as of now. My vaccination card from CDC is easily forged or copied since they have no discernable differences than regular copier paper, maybe a bit thicker which is easy to attain at any office supply store.

That's what people think, but the vaccination records can be confirmed by health department records, and it could be a very costly mistake. It's a generally a bad idea to provide forged documents to any government agency since you can face fines or jail or both.

This couple was fined $20,000CAD ($16,000USD) each:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58063647

For not taking a vaccine that would cost them $0. Not sure they really did the risk/reward calculation on this one.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
NYS has its Excelsior Pass, but it is only good in NY.
If you got your vaccine in CVS Pharmacy they have a QR coded printable.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
bob213,

Thanks for sharing my favorite Ayn Rand quote:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

joshuajim
Explorer
Explorer
Some people think it affects their “Freedom”. Me, I think it’s FREEDUMB
RVing since 1995.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...One response and this thread was headed south. Some people just can't help themselves.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is everything a conspiracy? We’ve lost one family member to Covid. I don’t want to lose another.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
So this is like when countries require visitors be vaccinated against diseases like yellow fever, only different right?

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do not anticipate visiting Canada so no effect on me and our will be gone soon. Cheers to the ears.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
An incredibly slippery slope for something of dubious value. If what we are being told about vaccinations is correct, the primary threat is to the unvaccinated. In the US, vaccines are widely available and cost free. The only people over the age of 12 who are unvaccinated are that way by choice. So they have put themselves in harms way.
Furthermore, recent studies have tended to show that vaccinated people can carry and spread a viral load equal to the unvaccinated. That means that the threat a vaccinated person creates in spreading the virus is equal to that of the unvaccinated. Therefore, being vaccinated only benefits that individual, not others around them.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess it would help but way too easy to make or acquire counterfeit cards as of now. My vaccination card from CDC is easily forged or copied since they have no discernable differences than regular copier paper, maybe a bit thicker which is easy to attain at any office supply store.