cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WA to MA

nettech207
Explorer
Explorer
Major move coming up in June packing the family and moving to MA will be towing my 297bhs starcraft autuamridge. My question is there any particular route I should take and since my truck is a gasser my concern is where to fill up and be able to get out of the gas station.Also we'll be doing about 400 -500 miles a day and recommendations on campgrounds would be appreciated and any sights we should look for.
5 REPLIES 5

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
3000 mile trip, 500 miles/day, 6 days of driving. If you only have a week, I wouldn't plan on stopping. You have to account for any traffic/weather/equipment delays. If you've got 10 days then I'd pick 2 spots along whatever route at the 3-4 day mark so you can take a breather for a day or so. My suggestion would be to take a full two weeks if you can, even if you have to take a few days unpaid (assuming you can do so). That way you don't spend the entire time on the road. Pick a town/city as near to your work as you can handle/enjoy. Traffic was nuts 16 years ago. It now is insane with all the development that will blow your mind.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Y-Guy
We made the move from Everett to Missouri some 20 years ago, and a few vacation trips between the two. Personally from the Tri-Cities I liked the I84 to I80 route the best. I didn't enjoy the trip through Montana as much but by then we just wanted to get home and it seemed out of the way and longer. Tthough I70 wasn't bad it would be out of your way though.

We'll keep the rivers flowing and the sun on if you want to come back to the Tri-Cities!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
7-10 days is a pretty quick trip for the distance. Not much of a vacation!
You are going to need to take I-84 and I-80 most of the way to meet the time frame with few stops.
You could take I-90 but the same thing.
There is many sites along either route that are available.
Kearney, Neb (I-80) has a great Cabela's for overnighting.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

nettech207
Explorer
Explorer
i was thinking probably a week or 10 days use it as a vacation also I haven't been home in 16 years " yes born and raised in MA grew up on north shore parents now live on the south shore" not sure where exactly what city moving to yet just in the planning stages, probably going to be looking on the south shore side

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
How long do you have to take the drive? If you take I90 I'd stop in South Dakota in the Custer State Park area. Lots to see and do there. Then I'd head over to Badlands. What part of MA are you moving to?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]