cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washington

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
Any tips for traveling from Woodland Washington to lake pleasant rv park,with class A with tow.
Will be traveling Sept 1,best times for Seattle traffic. Heading north.
6 REPLIES 6

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Express lanes on I405 are toll.

The OP lists Lake Arrowhead as home. That's close enough to LA that I'm sure they know what big city traffic is like. The only thing that is different about Seattle/Tacoma is the strong NS orientation of traffic flow, bounded by several bodies of water (and mountains to the east).

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I5 to I 405 and unless you can go at 2 to 3 am, then it is going to be traffic. Seattle is the worst, and not getting any better.
There just isn't another way around unless you want to really go out of your way. You could take the scenic route, and get on Hwy 18 at Federal Wayish, and then right after you pass I90, continue straight on and youll be on 202, then watch for 203 and stay on 203 to Hwy 2. Turn west on 2 for just a bit and the head west again on 522. It will take an extra hour at least but its a pretty drive.

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
Just take your time. Being in a motorhome you can always lay over for an hour or two, have a cuppa joe and enjoy the scenery.

Being in a rush through Seattle is not pleasant! Relax, take the express lanes if open.

Safe travels!

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Woodland is southern WA near I5. lake pleasant rv park is closest to I405, though not too far from the north junction of I5 and 405.

405, though a belt way is till busy during rush hours, since it passes through Bellevue - an employment center in its own right.

WSDOT and Google Maps have travel statistics by day of week and time of day.

You might want to bypass the core of Tacoma with the freeways through Puyallup (167 and something else).

Events downtown Seattle affect evening and weekend traffic, less so on 405. But check the travel alerts on the WSDOT website. Lots of good travel information on the WSDOT site.

WSDOT Seattle traffic map archive

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
There used to be a good time. Now there are just better times. I have found late Sunday night 10 pm or so northbound and go through the city. That is if there is no home game. Express lanes usually against me but that is O.K. Most traffic that time is southbound. The 10am-2pm time frame I will take 405 either direction. Northbound I come into it from 167 but keep an eye on construction. I go through Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Phoenix and around as much of L.A. as I can. Sometimes you just have to brace yourself and take what the traffic gives you. I usually get in line with the semi's and go with the flow. When they change lanes, I change lanes. Try to stay in second or middle lane as much as possible.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like any other large city, 10a-2p is the best.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman