cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Texas Sierra Blanca Van Horn FM1111

greg121
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone taken RM1111 between I10 and US62 and has a sense of how it might compare with TX54? I've driven Texas enough to know a good FM won't be much different from a typical state highway. Looks ok on satellite and streetview but you know how that goes - any insights welcome, the more recent the better... thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
Can't say for sure that it is any different than Hwy 54. Which way are you going? I travel US62/180 between El Paso and Carlsbad regularly and they have kept that portion in good shape. What I see of RM1111 and US54 both seem OK though I suspect that there is more truck traffic on US54. But..at the same time the Blue Origin facilities are along US54 just North of Van Horn so I suspect that portion is probably in pretty good shape.

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
The last time I drove it was 3-4 years ago. Trucks have beaten it up pretty bad.

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
It was at least 10 yrs ago, pulling a 5er, but I do not remember any issues with the road. The bridges were icy at the time but the road was fine. If the oil field trucks are using it now days, it is likely to be pretty rough.
Turret Class traveler