cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wine that cross into Canada and back to USA.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Currently our plans call for us to leave Nashville, visit the southwest and Napa Valley where I am sure we will purchase a case of two of wine. Then to the North West cross into Canada at Vancouver. Visit the wine country of BC and purchase more wine. Then to Jasper and cross back into the US at Glacier NP.

My question. Will there be duty on the wine from US that crosses the border twice?

I have read the rules on how much wine I can cross the borders with, but there is no information on a way to avoid duty by "sealing the cases" and not opening them.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
9 REPLIES 9

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:
Liquor into Canada OR the US is regulated. One liter per person Duty Free. You can bring in as much as you like but you have to pay duty on the excess. I don't belive there is a seal that can be applied to a box or bottle.

So...wineries ship wine all the time, nationally. If you are buying a case from one place..ask them about shipping it home. Or put it on the bus in Napa..disquise it tho...use a buddies address and have them pick it up.

You are kinda hooped as far as taking BC wine into the US. The best sugestion I can make is to let me know where you are..I am in Penticton..I will come to you and ensure that your BC wine is given a good home.

Gary Haupt

The US could give a hoot about how much wine you bring home.

They don't even ask.

They may not 'ask'... but if they do? A person better have a good answer.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/190/~/bringing-alcohol-%28including-homemade-wine%29-to...

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
Liquor into Canada OR the US is regulated. One liter per person Duty Free. You can bring in as much as you like but you have to pay duty on the excess. I don't belive there is a seal that can be applied to a box or bottle.

So...wineries ship wine all the time, nationally. If you are buying a case from one place..ask them about shipping it home. Or put it on the bus in Napa..disquise it tho...use a buddies address and have them pick it up.

You are kinda hooped as far as taking BC wine into the US. The best sugestion I can make is to let me know where you are..I am in Penticton..I will come to you and ensure that your BC wine is given a good home.

Gary Haupt

The US could give a hoot about how much wine you bring home.

They don't even ask.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Gary is willing to sacrifice, I see.... ๐Ÿ˜„
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
I can't imagine having this problem unless it was just a day trip to Canada. lizzie

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Tom/Barb wrote:

Any wine you buy in the US, ship home from the winery.

I was told (by someone) that is would cost more to ship to TN that the CN duty???????
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Lwiddis wrote:
Most wineries will ship your order. Why hassle with transporting wine across an international border twice? PS I find the Paso Robles area far more relaxing for wine tasting and purchase. And for my friends on the Central Coast...El Paso de Robles

Thanks for the suggestion, but we will visit King Canyon and Yosemite on our way to the Redwoods in North CA so the area will be out of our way. Napa is on our route to the coast highway.

Travel Photos

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
There is no duty on anything made in the US returning to the US.
But there are issues of how much you can enter Canada with.

Any wine you buy in the US, ship home from the winery.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most wineries will ship your order. Why hassle with transporting wine across an international border twice? PS I find the Paso Robles area far more relaxing for wine tasting and purchase. And for my friends on the Central Coast...El Paso de Robles
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad