cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any One Been to Pebble Beach and Camped?

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I'm planning to go to Pebble Beach to play that once in a lifetime round all us golfers dream of. I was told that you must stay in one of Pebble Beach's hotels before you're allowed to play the course. Is this true? If not could someone advise location of an rv campground close to PB? Oh yeah, DW prefers full h'ups if available. Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I've watched many tournaments at PB on tv over the years and it can get vicious. Guess I better check the Weather Channel before getting a tee time. DW really prefers full h'ups so I guess it's Marina Dunes for us. Thanks to all for taking time to help me. :B

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
The 17 mile drive is amazing! In your "dream round" of golf, remember to add a disastrous wind. Lol
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

Wavesprite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depending on the size of your rig, Monterey has a first come first serve campground at "Veterans Memorial Park", no hookups. Monterey Fairgrounds has camping, when there is no event going on, I believe they have water and electricity, but it might just be electricity. Marina Dunes is about 12 miles north of the Pebble Beach exit on Highway one, it's a nice small park that is on Highway 1. There is also Laguna Seca (where the famous race track is), they have sites, and there is usually no problem getting in if there isn't races going on.

CarlGeo
Explorer
Explorer
noe-place wrote:
OK let me see if I understand. I don't have to stay in one of the hotels to play PB. To get a tee time for PB all I need to do is reserve a mid week tee time a day or two before I intend to play after arrival? How far is Marina Dunes RV Park from PB?

Marina Dunes is probably about 10 to 12 miles from Pebble Beach, maybe less, but certainly not a long drive.
After playing Pebble Beach if your wallet is running low and you still want to play golf, you may want to play Pacific Grove Public course. Not up to Pebble Beach or one of the other signature courses, but a really nice public course with the back nine right on the ocean.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks y'all.

clubhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Dec-Feb (except PO-Am week) they regularly run specials for the Nor Cal Golf Association (NCGA) with discounted rates and ability to reserve 7days in advance with no stay requirement. Clearly you can't be a NCGA member living in Kentucky, but my point is depending on what time of year you plan to play tee times are available. If possible avoid the summer, summer is Fog season on the peninsula, I prefer fall.

PB is indeed a awesome course, but don't overlook the other tracks on the Peninsula/Del Monte Forrest; Spyglass, Spanish, Poppy Hills. In the area but not in the Forrest be sure to look at Fort Ord (Bayonete/Black Horse), Laguna Seca and Rancho Canada.

I lived in the area for several years before I had to relocate. I for one enjoyed PB, but in reality it's the entire Montery Peninsula and all the amazing courses that really make it an awesome golf destination. Only playing Pebble is like taking the trip to Southern Oregon and only playing Bandon Dunes but not the 3 other tracks.

DBW
Explorer
Explorer
You can get better information from the PB website than an RV board.

http://www.pebblebeach.com/golf/pebble-beach-golf-links/current-rates

From the PB website: "Non-Resort guests may book The Links at Spanish Bay or Del Monte Golf Course up to 6 months in advance, Spyglass Hill Golf Course up to 1 month in advance, and Pebble Beach Golf Links 1 day in advance."

I think that means there is minimal chance of getting a tee time a day or two in advance, but what do I know. Give them a call.
I wish you the best of luck getting tee times and enjoying the golf experience of a life time. Like earlier poster mentioned, bring a big wallet.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
OK let me see if I understand. I don't have to stay in one of the hotels to play PB. To get a tee time for PB all I need to do is reserve a mid week tee time a day or two before I intend to play after arrival? How far is Marina Dunes RV Park from PB?

45_ACP
Explorer
Explorer
noe-place wrote:
I'm planning to go to Pebble Beach to play that once in a lifetime round all us golfers dream of. I was told that you must stay in one of Pebble Beach's hotels before you're allowed to play the course. Is this true? If not could someone advise location of an rv campground close to PB? Oh yeah, DW prefers full h'ups if available. Thanks

No this is not true. Staying in a Pebble Beach Lodge affords you the privilege of reserving a tee time more than 24 hours in advance (for the Pebble Beach Links anyways.....) The other courses allow a slightly larger window for non-resort guests, but not much.

If you want to play The Links, just call VERY early in the AM (think like 0700 hours) and reserve a spot for the next day. If you try for a mid-week spot, you should have much greater luck.

After your round, I would suggest skipping lunch/dinner at The Lodge and head over to Spanish Bay for drinks at sunset. There is a bagpiper that plays on the nearby hillsides to send the sun off for the evening. The outdoor veranda is nice and cozy and it's quite the experience.

Have your wallet ready, but I'm sure you already know that.....

As far as places to RV, we typically stay at the Monterey County Fairgrounds. Not the greatest or most scenic place in the area, but certainly the least expensive and plenty close to Pebble.

FHU but the sewer connection is a bit funky in some spots (read the reviews)
2012 Ford F-350 6.7L 4x4 Lariat CC DRW
A 2008-2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus is in our future...

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of Moss Landing. We stumbled upon a very good seafood place some years ago: Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing. It was still there on our second trip through the area in 2006. Excellent Food.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Marina Dunes RV park is indeed a very nice park. Small, not really a resort park, but nice and clean, friendly, well maintained, paved quietish. Moss Landing RV park is just a bit farther north, also a very nice park.
I don't know a thing about the golf course, but the 17 Mile Drive which includes a drive by the course is spectacular.
Enjoy.

CarlGeo
Explorer
Explorer
I am not aware of a campground close to Pebble Beach, but there is a very nice full hook up RV Park in Marina which is just a few miles east of Pacific Grove.
Marina Dunes RV Park is between Hwy 1 and the ocean. It is a first class park. I have stayed there and recommend the park.