cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Assateague island national seashorecampground

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I see now that they no longer allow rv's on the ocean side of loop 1 ? We were in a ocean side site that now says "tent only". They allow rv's on the inner sites across from the sand, and at least loop 2 still allows rv's on the ocean side
Proud father of a US Marine
5 REPLIES 5

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our stay several years ago in the bayside section. We had a tree,some grass and direct access to the bay. We were also maybe 150 ft from the dump station and potable water.The only down side was we were there in August and it was 100 degrees.I had my Honda EU2000 but that couldn't run the A/C.

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
suprz wrote:
That's too bad. Heck i would clean the sand myself to get one of those sites they are great.

They were using Bobcats ๐Ÿ™‚

I can drive a Bobcat! Lol ๐Ÿ™‚

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:
That's too bad. Heck i would clean the sand myself to get one of those sites they are great.

They were using Bobcats ๐Ÿ™‚
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
That's too bad. Heck i would clean the sand myself to get one of those sites they are great. We are going to have to go back and stay in loop 2 until those are all "tent only". Being on the other side of the loop really does not have the same feeling. I don't think we would go back if all the sites were gone on the ocean/dunes sides. ๐Ÿ˜ž

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We were there in May last year and I spoke with the workers clearing sand out of the camp sites. They said they were going to close the ocean loops and move them across the access road because it took too much to keep them clear. Maybe this is the start of the process.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox