cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Assateague State Park

bresdogsr
Explorer
Explorer
I just cancelled an electric site for this weekend Thurs thru Sun. I'm sure the weather forecast will now change from 80% rain to 0%. Hopefully someone can use the site.
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
15 REPLIES 15

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
Beer Belly wrote:
We've heard all good thing about Castaways, and we are bringing our Pup for his first birthday to Bark Beach. Got a site at Island Oasis section close to the beach and pier.....hopefully not a mistake. I've been told to take the Garden State, and also told to take NJ Turnpike.....any recommendations as to which is best ?

From CT, we did the Tappan Zee bridge to the GSP, then at Woodbridge pick up the Tpke to I-195 to I-295, I-95 (the Tpke) and I-295 both go to the Del Mem Bridge, so you'll save on tolls going over to 295, and it's a nicer road.

US13/US113 through Deleware and Maryland is an ok ride but US 1 is better. There was a detour around some railroad crossing on 13 a few weeks ago. If you stay on US 1 to 9/404, you'll get around it.

We just got home yesterday afternoon. Great Campground and great Weather. There were some areas of construction I believe it was the Turnpike.....Lane Shifts and narrow lanes with cement barriers....6 hour trip for us.
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Road work at RR crossing in Milford Delaware is complete. Smooth Sailing.
Full timing it since July 2012

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Beer Belly wrote:
We've heard all good thing about Castaways, and we are bringing our Pup for his first birthday to Bark Beach. Got a site at Island Oasis section close to the beach and pier.....hopefully not a mistake. I've been told to take the Garden State, and also told to take NJ Turnpike.....any recommendations as to which is best ?

From CT, we did the Tappan Zee bridge to the GSP, then at Woodbridge pick up the Tpke to I-195 to I-295, I-95 (the Tpke) and I-295 both go to the Del Mem Bridge, so you'll save on tolls going over to 295, and it's a nicer road.

US13/US113 through Deleware and Maryland is an ok ride but US 1 is better. There was a detour around some railroad crossing on 13 a few weeks ago. If you stay on US 1 to 9/404, you'll get around it.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
firstime rver wrote:
We spent a few days at Castaways in Berlin, md.. About 4 weeks ago. It had all the amenities and was only a few minutes drive from Assateague state and national parks.. We got to see the ponies, and except for a bit of rain had a great time... Definitely going back again..

*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
One of mine and the kids favorates also. Too bad it's a 250 mile ride for me, I'd go more often.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

firstime_rver
Explorer
Explorer
We spent a few days at Castaways in Berlin, md.. About 4 weeks ago. It had all the amenities and was only a few minutes drive from Assateague state and national parks.. We got to see the ponies, and except for a bit of rain had a great time... Definitely going back again..
Pat & Barb
2015 4.3L Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 with towing package
2016 Aspen trail 1900RB

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
Heading out to Ocean City Maryland next week.....10 days out doesn't look too bad.....going regardless

bresdogsr
Explorer
Explorer
mdcamping wrote:
Well the black cat has cross my path, including a few cracks on the sidewalk that I must have stepped on. Well with continued problems with my TV and with a very important family party that DW planned this coming weekend I will be canceling this weekend and next weeks trip to at Assateague State Park...hate to give up the "H" loop... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Mike

Sorry to hear that Mike. Assateague is one of our favorite trips every year. Already reserved for next year, but my wife recently told me that she needs to cover for her work partner for a graduation next year. Hopefully we can switch some days around.
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4018

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Well the black cat has cross my path, including a few cracks on the sidewalk that I must have stepped on. Well with continued problems with my TV and with a very important family party that DW planned this coming weekend I will be canceling this weekend and next weeks trip to at Assateague State Park...hate to give up the "H" loop... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
That's the best time to go. Watching the ocean is exciting, and never any bugs. They cant seem to fly too good during a Noreaster.
Full timing it since July 2012

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never pay serious attention to weather forecasts out by more than 36 hours. They are almost always wrong. Even 12 hours can be dodgey.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
jarata1 wrote:
This is only Tuesday weather changes so quick by the water

It can change for the worse too. Last fall we were 12 hrs away from leaving for our trip, weather forecast was partly sunny with a chance of morning showers. Weather changed to a tropical storm with horizontal rain, oh well...

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
This is only Tuesday weather changes so quick by the water

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
bresdogsr wrote:
I just cancelled an electric site for this weekend Thurs thru Sun. I'm sure the weather forecast will now change from 80% rain to 0%. Hopefully someone can use the site.

:S
Really if us in the PNW canceled every time the forecast was for rain, the parks would all be empty!!

Only if you have 6 kids and a 14' pop up!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"