cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffalo NFCG in Island Park, ID

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to ID for the latter part of the summer. Has anyone stayed at this campground and how difficult was it to get an electric site? We've been unable to make reservations as we have ordered a new truck and haven't had an exact delivery date, just a "no later than" date. Is there plenty of maneuverability? We have a 36' fifth wheel. Do you have any other recommendations for either public or private campgrounds in the area?

After the Island Park area we will be going on up to Coeur d'Alene. Would love to know about any good campgrounds en route to that area.

Thanks I advance for your help.
6 REPLIES 6

lindalinda
Explorer
Explorer
you will love Red Rocks... walking distance to Henry's lake. about 5 miles off main road. secluded and quiet and fields of yellow wild flowers on banks of mountain behind campground. we flyfished out of Island Park for two days and did three days into Yellowstone Park. easy access to the whole area.

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your replies, will check on each of them. Still don't have the truck, most disappointed, particularly when GM told us no later than 7/25.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We spent several days at the Red Rock Campgound in Island Park several years ago. That is where we would go if we were back in the area. We drove into Yellowstone several times. We also enjoyed the area in Idaho (Johnny Sack's Cabin area) and went to a youth rodeo less than 1/2 mile down the road from the campground.

johntank
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Roadrunner wrote:
We are heading to ID for the latter part of the summer. Has anyone stayed at this campground and how difficult was it to get an electric site? We've been unable to make reservations as we have ordered a new truck and haven't had an exact delivery date, just a "no later than" date. Is there plenty of maneuverability? We have a 36' fifth wheel. Do you have any other recommendations for either public or private campgrounds in the area?

After the Island Park area we will be going on up to Coeur d'Alene. Would love to know about any good campgrounds en route to that area.

Thanks I advance for your help.

Henry's Lake SP north of Island Park about 10 miles or so.

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your reply, Duke. Think we're going to give this one a try.

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
I have been there about 4-5 yrs. ago, but I don't recall about the electric. If you are only there for a short stay and you have good batteries, I would recommend getting a site on the rivers edge, even if there is no elec. It is a beautiful place.

When I was there, the camp host was having a devil of a time with squirrels getting into his 5ver through the hitch.